Chapter 9

Tables were flipped to the side as everyone was rushing to stand up, and food was flung to the side of the walls, slowly leaving dripping stains as it fell to the floor. Purple wings were outstretched as people took off into the air ready for the fight. Most students flew off towards their rooms where their weapons were, the professors already having their weapons on them. Xelqua and Zyrex had their weapons on them since they had planned to do some extra training after lunch. They flanked behind their professors in the delta formation they learnt in the strategy classes. There were small cracks forming in the barrier and the noise of the cracks echoed around the still-standing barrier walls. A loud smash came from the cracking area sending a shockwave that broke the rest of the barrier. All students who had sufficient training now had the blades within their hands, all facing the incoming forces. They came from the sky with a flurry of purple wings. Watchers were attacking. Xelqua raised his sword at the ready as the attacks were coming in.

One of the opposing forces' blades hit him and he was locked into a battle. The attacker had deep purple eyes but they weren't filled with anger or rage but determination. He could tell by the way the watcher moved her sword that she wasn't aiming to kill. He managed to get the sword away from the watcher and her eyes which were filled with determination now were scared. Scared of him. He had his sword ready to bring it down like how he had been trained. He couldn't do it. He stayed with his sword in that position until blood splashed on him. As a sword got pulled out of the watcher's body in front of him and slowly glided to the ground he saw Mirinn's face in front of him. He spat some blood out of his mouth and his eyes looked hungry for death, "You've always been weak," He said, hitting him as he flew past to kill another one of the invaders.

There were some people in the academy aiming to kill but none of the invaders was. The small moment he had made him look to the ground. There were people there, red masses were fighting those on the ground. Admins, they were admins. These people were there to help those who were trapped here not to kill. A deflected shot then pushed him against one of the buildings. A purple-robed person was coming toward him, he was worried one of the professors was coming to punish him for his weakness but it was someone he didn't know. They had a mask on their face, and unlike every other masked watcher, he had seen this one had their mask covering their whole face. "Xelqua, do you wish to join us?" they said.

All he could do was nod, and they nodded back and helped him up. Zyrex flew over to where the two of them were, with his sword raised, ready to help his friend if this person was attacking. Instead, the watcher turned to Zyrex, "Zyrex do you wish to join us?"

Zyrex looked at Xelqua because he didn't know who this was. Xelqua then looked to the ground and Zyrex's eyes followed. He saw the admins coming in, and it only took a moment for him to realise who the invaders were. He turned back to the watcher and said, "Okay let's kick some evil watcher butt!"

Zyrex flew down to help the admins against the watchers that were attacking them while Xelqua took back off into the sky. Many of the invaders had fallen to the ground, coming mainly from the professor's attacks. He could see that the students, minus a few, were not trying to kill but just aiming to injure, he went up to one of the watchers that he recognised from his class. She wasn't fighting anyone so he said "Jade are you okay?"

She turned to him with surprise on her face, I don't think she expected me to say anything to her even if we were in battle. She took a deep breath in and said, "I don't think that we are the good guys,"

"I don't think we are the good guys either Jade," Xelqua said, "That's why I'm not going to fight for the professors but instead for the admins and watchers who aren't here to kill us,"

Jade smiled at him, "I'll pass the message along and see if any of the others will switch sides,"

She then flew off towards a group of about five of their classmates.