Chapter 13

The council room was silent when everyone came in, there were many more injuries than last time. Xelqua could only assume that this was because his friends were not as skilled as their opponents. It took a few minutes of silence before Lysabel and Gryff came in, and they didn't say much. Everyone's masks were off so you could see the fear on everyone's faces, their eyes spoke of how they didn't know what was next but no one wanted to say it. No one was ready to speak about how they didn't know what was going on and how they didn't know if the fights escalated and if they could handle what would be coming.

They all thought that the generals that were meant to be dead were going to be their only challenge, at least for the next while. They didn't expect more challenging opponents to come so quickly while they were still recovering. They also couldn't hide it, unlike the first attacks where the last generation of war generals attacked behind the curtains. This group attacked a place where almost the whole council was gathered as well as most of the residents of the Main World as well as many prominent figures across hundreds of the server worlds.

Many of the other council members didn't actually ask questions so they didn't know who the attackers were. They didn't know why they came. They only knew that they were powerless to stop them and that if their High Leader didn't come they didn't know what would have happened. There was just a cloud of defeat that surrounded the group and Lysabel could see that in their auras that they were so affected, the once bright rainbow colours that surrounded her friends were now drained of colour.

After more time had passed the noise of a door swinging open echoed through the room and from the entrance the High Leader came walking in. Eyes flickered up for a moment just for most to go back to the ground not wanting to meet anyone else's eyes. Lysabel was one of the only ones whose eyes remained up and she could see that as the High Leader entered the room her aura, which was dark indigo with swirls of rainbow flowing through it, reached out toward the others. She didn't know how but as rainbow light made its way to the others auras became lighter. The High Leader did this without a word and as the council members' auras got lighter Lysabel could see the pain slowly drift off their faces and she felt pain drift away as the light made its way to her aura.

The High Leader when reaching the circle of council members stopped and spoke softly, "Are you okay?"

No one said anything for a few moments until Hayden decided to break the silence, "I'm sorry," was all he said.
The others felt very much the same, they were filled with guilt and didn't know what they should say so all they did was murmur noises to show that they agreed with what Hayden said. Still speaking softly the High Leader said, "You have nothing to be sorry for. There are always going to be those fights where you can't win but you still fought,"

Cirrus replied, "We are meant to be able to stop attacks like that. We couldn't stop them even though it was 1v1 we don't deserve to be here,"

Most of the council shared the feelings, they felt they didn't deserve to be where they were after they couldn't stop one attacker each. "You have nothing to feel guilty about, I have a theory about those who attacked and why they had that much power and none of it has to do with you all," the High Leader said and while she did the other council members started looking up.
She then turned towards Xelqua and asked, "What did the watcher you against say to you?"

Xelqua had almost forgotten about what the watcher had said, he knew that he was shocked when he was told but after learning that he was attacked and fell. Then after the attackers were detained and then disappeared he didn't focus on it while trying to process everything else. "His name was Aris Xivin," Xelqua started.

Lysabel recognised the name, she didn't remember from where but it looked as though Gryff remembered it as well. She turned to see if there was any recognition of that name in the High Leader's posture or aura. No change in either, she was still standing up straight and her aura was still sending out that comforting rainbow light. Xelqua continued, "Then he said he was a general from the war 200 years ago,"

A faint "How?" came from Erin's mouth which was a thought that almost every council member shared.

"I believe something has caused some watchers and admins who had previously lost their lives to come back," the High Leader said still not faltering, "I'm not sure how but we need to stay on high alert,"

A thought came into Xelqua's head, a reminder of what he was doing just before the trials, he reached into the pocket of his robes, hoping that during the fight it didn't fall out. His hand felt the cold leather and pulled out Mirinn's journal from his pocket, "High Leader I found this at the old academy, it was the watcher known as Mirinn's," As Xelqua said Zyrex froze.

Blaze placed his hand on Zyrex's back which helped him slightly. Zyrex hadn't known what happened to Mirinn after the battle, he didn't want to know but if he was somehow in this it wouldn't be good. He was the most devoted watcher of the cause so Zyrex knew that Mirinn would not back down.

Xelqua handed the book over and said, "I'm not sure if it's related or if what he's written about could be another issue entirely but just in case here it is,"

"Thank you Xelqua. I will look into it," The High Leader said as she flew up to her room by the balcony.

"Via, Kelin, Erin and Zyrex I want you with me working on how to address the public," Gryff said.

"The rest of you see where else you can help but try not to raise any more panic," Lysabel told the rest. As everyone left, either flying out or teleporting, Xelqua got his wings ready to fly. He was going to meet where Astaria told him to and see if she had anything that could help him figure out what was going on. 

WC~ 1104