Chapter 12

As everyone's eyes shifted to the place of the noise and loud smash came from above. A giant hole was now in the glass dome that was covering them and from that hole, six watchers came in, and when you looked below the original crash came from six admins coming through the wall to the south. They were, again, not familiar faces, though with the watchers it would have been hard to tell with the face masks on anyways. They didn't say anything as they approached the north, where the crowds of people were. Lysabel started yelling out commands to the admins, "Level 5 and up admins started teleporting everyone out who you can. Do not engage,"

"Watchers you fly out if you are able if not go with someone who can help you evacuate, and again do not engage," Gryff said as he drew out his sword, which was made of ᒷリ↸╎∷╎ just like all watcher weapons.

The rest of the council all followed suit with blades now in their hands, the admin weapons were made of リᔑℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷℸ ̣ ╎. Zyrex, Blaze and Via all had twin blades as was common with twins. Every other council member had their blades at different lengths based on what they felt moved the best.

Xelqua flew up to attack one of the watchers, as he approached the figure took their hood down. They had long dark brown hair tied up into a bun, but they kept their mask on as whoever they were, drew out their blade. They were still at a considerable distance so it took a few seconds for the figure to get into range of Xelqua's weapon. As the figure came at top speeds towards the masked high watcher, with his mask on his sight with his eyes was affected but he was able to use his watcher sight instead. Watcher sight let you see many things at once but it was only an outline of main features, it allowed you to see further as well but for close combat like this, it was more of a hindrance than a help to Xelqua. There was one special thing about watcher sight that could be helpful in battle which was called 'unknown sight'. In rare cases a watcher if they focused enough could see into the future for a few seconds but it often took over a hundred years for even the most powerful.

As a gust of wind flew past him a sound of metal scraped as Xelqua just lifted the blade of his sword to block the upcoming attack from the figure. The figure came back in for another stronger attack but Xelqua could only dodge out of the way slightly, the sword still managed to hit his arm causing blood to soak into the rip in his robes. "Who are you?" Xelqua asked the figure as he decided to recuperate the attack.

The attacker just stayed silent as they came in for another attack. The person he was against was better with a blade than Xelqua so they were able to land light hits on him, he was lucky that he was good at dodging otherwise those cuts could have been something way worse. As he became more injured he decided to change his strategy and flew up through the hole in the ceiling. It meant there was now more room for him to fly in and use magic for long-distance attacks. He could see small purple blurs of the other council members who also took to the skies.

Xelqua sent an indigo fireball towards the attacker but they pulled up a shield in time for the attack to do nothing. He sent a stronger one which when it landed against the shield sent a small explosion which would pause their watcher vision for a few seconds, which was enough time for Xelqua to fly around his attack and do a fast attack from behind. The attacker didn't seem to be affected by the attack and flew towards Xelqua, who had now put a shield up, and slashed their sword against the barrier. His shield was strong but he couldn't hold it up forever and he needed to take care of his attacker. He collapsed the shield right after the attacker had hit it and sent a small shock wave against his opponent. It again didn't take long for the attacker to recover and he came back for another attack, this time Xelqua blocked with his sword and small sparks flew. Xelqua once again asked, "Who are you?"

He was hoping to find out anything that could help him defeat his opponent.

"You younger generation don't know anything," The figure finally said, their voice was deep, " I am Aris Xivin one of the leaders of the war,"

Aris then smirked before he said, "Of 200 years ago.

Xelqua froze, how could he be alive? At least with the generals from the final battle, there was a chance that they could have still been alive but Aris should have been dead. No watchers lived that long and there was no way he would be able to fight that well. Those few seconds of thought left him open for Aris to send a shockwave to knock Xelqua out of the sky.

As he started to fall he tried to move his wings but there were little crackles of lightning which made it impossible for him to move them. He neared closer to the ground and then in the distance he saw a blur and as it came closer he recognised it as Astaria. She caught him and brought him to the ground safely. "ᒲᒷᒷℸ ̣ ᒲᒷ ∴⍑ᒷ∷ᒷ ∴ᒷ ᒲᒷℸ ̣ ᔑ⎓ℸ ̣ ᒷ∷ ||𝙹⚍∷ ᒲᒷᒷℸ ̣ ╎リ⊣," she said and she flew off.

When Xelqua looked up he saw a giant violet shockwave followed by more coming from the south. It avoided all of the council members and caused those who were attacking to slowly fall to the ground. He looked to see where the wave came from, he saw the High Leader with her arm stretched out and the waves were forming at her fingertips. Another shade of purple came swirled around her fingers and violet chains formed around both the admins and the watchers.

She turned her head to the side to where Lysabel and Gyff were now standing, they nodded and typed something into their communicators. Soon a group of armoured-up admins and watchers came forward to take the prisoners but before they got close a flood of screams came out of the mouths of the attackers as they turned into bright white dust. He could see the High Leader turn her head to Gryff and then he typed something in his communicator and Xelqua felt a notification that said, 'Meeting five minutes'.

WC~ 1138 

A/N: Has anyone else watched Double Life because it very much feels like fanfic fonder. It feels like those soulmate au where you can feel each other's pain.