Chapter 10

Present Day...

He went towards the doors and flew up to the fifth floor where his old room was. He hadn't started his fifth year but all of the dorms moved up a floor as soon as the previous year had left. As soon as he flew up to the fifth floor and entered the main building a small key with the number 19 appeared in his hand. It seemed that even though no one had been there the spell was still in effect. She could see a thick layer of dust over all the furniture in the common room and there were soon holes in the roof where during the battle people had obviously fallen in. There were a few patches of blood from light injuries but no one had died in the dorms. Xelqua made it down to his room and opened up the door.

The room was also dusty but it otherwise was in the exact same condition as when he and Zyrex had left it that morning all those years ago. His bed was made and everything was so neat and dirty at the same time. He went up to his drawers and opened them up, still the same old purple robes that he used to have to wear every day. He left the room in a similar situation, not the exact same since the drawer now had a bit less dust on it.

He then went to room 15 and used a flick of his wrist to open the door. It was Mirinn's dorm room and unlike the others, the layer of dust was thinner. Xelqua had never known if Mirinn had died or not but he always felt that he didn't. This was proof that even for a little while, Mirinn stayed at the school. He guessed that the bed with the least dust was his and checked under the mattress, inside was a book with a purple leather cover. It didn't even have a lock charm on it.

Inside he read about what Mirinn had done. It showed how much he hated Zyrex and himself over the years, how he knew that if any of his classmates knew the truth they wouldn't side with him and the professors. He read about how he was going to kill those on the council. Then he went a few pages further and noticed that the dates were for after the raid on the school. The handwriting also got messier during the entries after the battle had taken place. He thought back to that day and how he had damaged Mirinn's left eye, which would have definitely caused his writing to be a bit messier. He could still read the writing however since he could read very messy writing. Zyrex used to be very hard to read but since he was now able to read it, it made the messiest handwriting easier to decipher. It was mainly rantings about him going to kill Xelqua and the other council members but then after a few months, it seemed to change. He kept mentioning something about how 'they' will be the ones to set things right and how these mysterious 'they' were going to rid the world of those who are not worthy. He also wrote about how powerful 'they' were. He also started drawing eyes along the borders of the pages as well as other little symbols, none of them seemed familiar. The journal stopped a few years ago which he guessed was around the time Mirinn left the academy but that made him wonder, where is he now. And would it be possible that maybe the 'they' that he was talking about was the late war generals that had attacked them? Yet Mirinn wasn't there if he was a part of that. He pocketed the journal and exited the room, he would think about it later and he would also show the other council members when he could.

He then flew over to the last building where the classrooms were housed. He glanced in the rooms, there wasn't too much in them. He continued until he reached the small library they had there, it was where he researched about his family. The only difference this time is he followed his tree all the way back to the beginning. He also now knew why his mother had never gone to the academy, on the account of the council forming. He was now looking at the first-ever class photo. It was in colour but it was dirty but he could make out a few faces and names. One of those names was Raxiene Carolus, who was standing at the end of the front row. She had brown hair and a big smile on her face that reminded him of his mother's smile.

He then had a closer look at the photo, she was holding hands with the person next to her. Their faces were burned out like the academy didn't want anyone to see them. He then looked at the name that was supposed to be the person, their first name was smudged but their last name wasn't. Their last name was ⨅ᒷꖎ╎⎓ᒷ ̇/. So whoever was friends with his ancestor was the original ⨅ᒷꖎ╎⎓ᒷ ̇/, they must've done something very bad. Or maybe they didn't and the watchers of the time just made them the bad guy. He turned the pages to see the next year's class pictures, all their photos were burned out. Then he turned to the fifth year picture of that class, the person wasn't there at all. No burned pictures, just nothing. He decided that he would find out who this person was and how they knew his ancestor, but it would have to wait until after he figured out if Mirinn had something to do with this or if maybe there was another threat coming. Now finally faced with what had happened all those years ago he was more at rest, so he flew his way back to the Main World leaving the academy almost as if no one had been there at all.

WC~ 1021