six: the tribute parade

As i'm walking to my chariot that was near the front and far from Katniss, I stopped to fix my dress that had got caught up with the back of my heels.

I groaned as it took a while to untangle.

"Is that Katia Odair I see?" I looked up to see who had said my name.

"Brutus!" I called out. I attempted to run to him with my heels and embraced him into a hug.

"Ugh I missed you Tia. How have you been? Hows 4?" He asked.

It never failed to make me smile knowing that everyone feared Brutus and Enobaria yet to me they were the sweetest and most caring people I was friends with.

"I missed you too Brute, 4's the same as always but it was so good to see my family again. Anyways where's E?"

"Right here." I turned my head to the right following the voice to see Enobaria in a tight fitted gold dress. I also attempted to run to her and instantly wrapped my arms around her.

"It's so good to see you guys again, even though it's only been a few days." I said as I smiled at the two.

"Well Tia, we wanted you to meet our new friends." E announced as she turned around and pointed at someone I couldn't see, indicating for them to approach us.

Two people walked towards us and when they got close enough, I instantly recognised the iconic pair.

"Tia, meet Cashmere and Gloss. District 1, our allies." E announced as Gloss takes out his hand for me to shake. I gladly shook it.

I also put my hand out for Cashmere but she just smiled and looked at my hand and pulled me into a hug instead.

I already love them.

"So good to finally meet the famous Katia Odair. We watched your games, it was fucking awesome." Cashmere complimented with a proud smile.

"We mentored the two from our district that was in your games, the way you killed both Reese and Gia didn't even piss us off, it amazed us. That's when we knew you were going to win, Gia and Caleb were pathetic and weak anyways. They deserved to die." Gloss commented.

FLASHBACK

I quickly grabbed another spear and another pack of knives nearby before attempting to get out of the inside cornucopia. Again.

This time, the girls from 1 and 2, Gia and Reese, are blocking the exist, both with swords in their hands.

I stepped back as they smirked at me.

They looked around at all the dead bodies before meeting my eyes again, "Nice job killing all these people for us, but now it's time for you to die." Gia taunted as she lifts her sword and points it at me.

Before she could even do anything, I drop my spear and dive roll on the ground catching both of them off guard before grabbing my spear again and impaling it on Reese's chest who was on my right.

BOOM!

She was small and light so while Gia was still caught off guard from the cannon, I raised my spear, Reese still attached to it before I used her body to throw at Gia, causing her to fall to the ground.

She knocked her head on the metal wall of the cornucopia and looked like she was going to have a concussion at any moment.

"No you." I say before grabbing Reese's sword off the ground and slashing Gia's head off, decapitating her.

BOOM!

END OF FLASHBACK

I smiled at the memories, that was so fun.

"Same with us too, Reese and Bane were nothing compared to you." Brutus also commented.

I blush at the compliments I was receiving.

"Thanks guys." I smiled.

"You should come by later tonight so we can talk about the games. That is if you're going to join the careers." Cashmere asked.

Before I could reply, a voice behind me interrupts,
"KATIA!"

I turned around to see an angry Finnick making his way towards me and the careers.

"I need to talk to you. Now." He said firmly.

What the hell did I do now?

He grabbed my wrist and started dragging me to our chariot but before he could, I turned to face the careers and replied, "I'll be there!"

Once we were beside our chariot, Finnick finally lets go of my wrist and looked at me, anger filled in his eyes.

"What did you say to Katniss?" He asked.

"I just introduced myself to her and stated my opinion about her. Nothing wrong with that." I said defending myself.

"Then why did she say that you threatened her and that you would give her an even worse death than Bane? Then she asked who Bane was." He explained.

Did she really just snitch on me to my own brother? What is she five?

I rolled my eyes at the situation, "I didn't say anything that wasn't true. Katniss is the reason I have to watch and potentially kill my friends, including you, Brute, E, Johanna, Cashmere and Gloss. So what I said was 100% deserved so stop scolding me." Finnick just scoffed.

"What's so special about her anyways that makes you so angry that you're lashing out on me? She's nothing special which is why I want her to be my first kill."

Finnick didn't look angry anymore, he looked disappointed. "Well you can't say that stuff to her anymore because Katniss and Peeta are going to be our allies." He said.

Now I was the one angry.

"No Finnick, their your allies, not mine. If Katniss Everdeen is going to be with you in the arena, i'm not going with you." I tell him.

Sure Katniss was good with a bow, but so was I. Nothing she could do I couldn't, therefore I didn't need her.

"What about Johanna? She's going to be with us so does that mean you're not going to be allies with her either?" Finnick asked.

"Well that's for me and Johanna to discuss." Before I could say anything else, an announcement interrupts.

"Tributes make you're way to your assigned chariots. We will now begin the parade."

"We'll talk about it later." I tell Finnick, as Quelly and Finnick's stylist Vo walked over to us. Quelly fixed my dress then helped me up. She made sure I was perfect before stepping back from the chariot.

"You both look amazing. Now Katia, go show Snow that the bitch is back and she's not happy." Quelly said.

I nodded before we started moving. I gripped into the handle on my left as I took a deep breath.

Once we were outside, all the attention was on us. Our names were being chanted left and right while people threw roses at us. I smiled and waved to as much people as I could, winking and blowing kisses at a few.

I grabbed on to Finnick's hand beside me and raised it up for everyone to see. This made the crowd even louder than ever before.

I was enjoying all the attention when suddenly I heard gasps. Then I could no longer hear my name, but the name I despised the most.

I turned around to see Katniss and Peeta at the very end, literally on fire. I don't get what's so special about them, they did the fire thing last year too, nothing new. If they loved fire so much then they could've told me and I would've set the whole Capitol on fire.

Anger filled my body as I heard the crowd that was once chanting my name, now chanting Katniss's name.

She just went higher on my kill list if that was ever possible.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

1291 words!

A/N: Lmk what you guys think of the story so far, and don't forget to vote!