eleven: spectating

I would always close my eyes to help me focus on my surroundings.

That's why as I closed my eyes, I waited for it to start. A few seconds later, I could immediately hear some kind of footsteps coming closer on my left.

I quickly threw one of my knives in the direction of the footsteps with my eyes still closed. Once I heard the sound of pixels crumbling and falling onto the floor, I opened my eyes.

I didn't get much time to inspect the area before I spotted another orange person- or pixel running on the higher level of the area. As I was focusing on hitting the insanely fast target, another one was running towards me on my right.

I quickly dived roll down on the floor to avoid one of the arrows thrown at me before grabbing a knife in each hand, and throwing it in different directions. The knife in my left hand aimed at the target that was still somehow running away up on the higher level, while the knife on my right hand was aimed at the one running towards me, preparing to shoot another arrow.

Double kill.

I continued to throw the knives, hitting its target each time without having thinking for longer than a second. Although Brutus had put the level of difficulty to the max, it was still quite easy for someone like me, and I had easily dodged all the spears and arrows thrown at me.

Once I had defeated all the orange pixels, the lights turned back on to reveal a little box on the top right where tributes were watching me.

Most of them I knew, like the careers, Jo, Finnick, the tributes from 3, 6, 12, and a few more. Unlike the careers, Finnick, and Johanna who looked impressed, the others looked terrified and nervous. I smiled at the thought.

Have I mentioned how much I loved scaring off other tributes?

I smirked, making eye contact with a few of them and bowed dramatically. Then I just walked out and placed the remaining knives back where they were, having no idea where the ones I used went.

While I was putting the knives back, Katniss walked towards me. She didn't say a word as she grabbed a bow and arrow that was next to the knives.

"Let's see what you can do." I told her before I walked away. I didn't turn around to see her reaction but managed to still hear her mumble a 'thanks'.

I walked up into the viewing box where more tributes had gathered. Some of them turned around to look at me but I just continued to walk until I was beside Enobaria and Brutus.

We all watched quietly as Katniss started. She managed to shoot every single target and not miss a single one which very much surprised me.

When she was finished and the lights had turned back on, the girl from 3, who Johanna nicknamed 'Nuts', started clapping. Katniss perked her head up to where we were, no expression shown in her face.

Once her eyes landed on mine, I smirked and nodded my head gently, indicating that I was impressed with her skills.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Good news." Haymitch announced, catching the two tributes' attention. "Atleast half the tributes want you as an ally."

"Yeah well they saw her shoot." Peeta spoke.

"Well sweetheart, you got your pick of the litter." Haymitch said to Katniss.

Katniss thought for a moment before speaking up, "I want Wiress and Beetee."

"Johanna calls them Nuts and Volts." Peeta commented. Katniss looked at him with a look he couldn't quite understand.

"Uh ok then, Peeta what about you?" Haymitch asked the boy, wanting to move on.

"I say we ally with the Odair's."

As soon as those words came out of Peeta's mouth, Katniss immediately looked at him and spoke up. "What!? Are you serious!? Absolutely not!"

"Look- before you tell me it's the worst idea ever-"

"Yeah because it is!"

"Those two together are the strongest tributes we will be up against, so if we ally with them, we have the best chance of surviving and eliminating the other tributes. Then once we have gained their trust, we can just kill them off in their sleep or something like that." Peeta explained.

"Are you just forgetting what Katia did to you a few hours ago? How she hurt you and humiliated you in front of all those tributes?" Katniss bit back. "And let's not forget the fact that she hates me with every bone in her body. She literally promised me that she would make sure I would be her first kill."

Peeta sighed. Haymitch however, didn't look like he payed attention to anything Katniss had just said, instead his thoughts was occupied by something entirely different.

"I like how you're thinking Peeta. But i'm afraid you will only be getting one of the Odair's." Haymitch commented. Katniss and Pieta both looked at him with a confused expression, opting for him to elaborate.

"Katia has already confirmed her allies. Neither of you are on that list."

Katniss simply nodded while Peeta looked down with a hint of dissapointment. Of course he knew that Katia hated the pair, but he held on to a little bit of hope that Haymitch would be able to convince her just a little. "But neither is Finnick. So if Katniss agrees, Finnick will be more than happy to be your ally."

Katniss and Peeta looked confused once again. "Wait- Katia and Finnick aren't allies?" Katniss questioned.

Haymitch sighed and looked down shaking his head. "I guess she'll be an even bigger threat now. Katia has confirmed she will be a part of the career pack."

The two tributes' eyes widened in shock. Sure they knew how close the girl was to the careers, but they did not expect one bit that she would become one.

"Ok moving on, who else do you want as an ally?" Haymitch said, wanting to change the subject.

Katniss looked down at her feet as she thought for a few moments.

To be honest, Katniss had not interacted with any of the other tributes besides the ones from district 3, therefore there was no one else she would consider an ally.

Haymitch noticed how long Katniss was taking and decided to speak up again, "I'll just tell them you're still deciding." He tells her before walking out of the room.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

1077 words!

A/N: So sorry for the slow updates :(