nineteen: day one down

A/N: Hey guys! I know it's been a very long time but I am hoping i can go back to updating this story but if you need a little mind refresh i suggest rereading the last two chapters starting from "the big day"

Anyways let's continue x

THIRD PERSON POV

"Okay, hold up. Hold up." Finnick yelled as he stopped running. Peeta and Katniss also stopping.

Both Peeta and Finnick sat down to catch their breaths as Katniss took a moment to look around.

"God, it's hot." Peeta spoke with heavy breaths. "We gotta find fresh water."

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

"Well I guess we're not holding hands anymore." Finnick chuckled, hoping to brighten up the mood.

Katniss however, didn't find his joke funny as she replied all serious, "You think that's funny?"

"Every time that cannon goes off, it's music to my ears. I don't care about any of them but my sister."
He tells her.

"Good to hear." She replied as she removed the sword from her back to hold in her right hand.

"Want to face my sister and the career pack alone?" Finnick asked her unfazed. "What would Haymitch say?"

"Haymitch isn't here."

Sensing that they were about to have an argument that would most likely not end well, Peeta interrupted saying; "Let's keep moving."

~•~•~•~•~•

"I don't understand why we have to stay here on the beach, we will have a better chance hunting everyone if we're out there not hiding here." Katia exclaimed, as she sat on the ground using one of the many throwing knives she had on her to throw up in the air and catch.

"Because Tia," Enobaria started as she walked closer to Katia. "all the weapons are here so why give anyone the opportunity to take one and use on us?"

"This is ridiculous." Kat sighed as she stood up abruptly. "I'm going out there." She demanded.

All four of the career's heads turned to look at Katia, fear and annoyance displayed across their faces.

"Tia you are being difficult right now, we already said multiple times that the plan is to stay on the beach and wait for them to come to us." Brutus joined in.

"Yea except I never agreed to that stupid plan! I don't know if it's just me, but I want to get out of here as quick as possible, and the only way to do that is by hunting everyone down and killing them." Katia argued.

"I'm leaving, there's no stopping me so you can either join me, or sit here and do nothing."

The four careers glanced at one another, weighing their options before Brutus spoke up.
"Ok we'll hunt the tributes." Katia showed a small grin, happy they finally agreed with her.

"But we leave in the morning. It's getting dark already." Brutus finished.

"But-" Katia tried to argue back, before she was stopped by Brutus.
"No buts Katia."

She huffed as she gave up trying to argue her way out of this. Years later and Brutus was one of the very few people who was able to tame and control the Katia Odair.

"I'm hungry. Kat and Enobaria come help scavenge for food with me." Cashmere announced, standing up to approach the many crates scattered around and inside the cornucopia.

Katia chuckled, bringing the attention of all four careers on her.
"There's no need for that, just give me 15 minutes i'll be back." She said as she grabbed her trident and walked away from the group, towards the water and along the rock wall.

Growing up in a district dedicated to fishing, the first skill the Odair siblings were taught, was how to catch fish.

Usually, fishing rods would be used but the siblings were taught by their father to hunt with many kinds of weapons such as, tridents, spears, knives and even arrows. He wanted them to be able to feed for themselves in the arena if they were to be reaped one day, which much to his dismay, they both were.

It only took no longer than 5 minutes before Katia had already caught two big fishes. Ideally she wanted to bring back 5, one for everyone but seeing as the fishes were bigger than she assumed, she decided that 3 would be more than enough.

Once she brought back 3 dead fishes, she noticed that the careers had created a small camp fire.

Katia dropped the fish close to the fire as she picked up a spear on the ground, piercing it through one of the fishes and hovering it slightly above the fire to cook.

Both district 1 tributes stared in shock at the girls skills while the district 2 tributes looked unfazed, just excited to be able to eat something. Besides, they had lived with the girl for years and years and had got to learn all about the skills she was taught at her district.

Once all the fish were cooked, it was dark and they had put the fire out, not wanting to draw any attention, despite all the other tributes already knowing the careers would be at the cornucopia, as always every year.

They all sat around as they ate, creating some small talk about this and that.

They had decided that Katia and Enobaria would take first watch.

Cashmere and Gloss laid close to each other as they talked amongst themselves, laughing every once in a while, most likely reminiscing on past memories, something Finnick liked to do with his sister.

Brutus looked extremely tired, just wanting to go to sleep right away, not even bothering to say goodnight to anyone.

Katia and Enobaria smiled towards each other as they watched their friend drift fast asleep. They both shifted around before getting comfortable and preparing to keep watch on the dark waters in front of them.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•