twenty-one: katia, no

As Katia refocused her attention back to the present instead of reminiscing on the past, she could feel the burning eyes of Enobaria sitting a few feet away from her.

"What?" She asked quietly, not wanting to wake up the others.

"You thinking about your games?" Enobaria asked softly. Katia simply nodded in response.

"I've been doing that a lot recently too." Enobaria said in a hushed whisper. Not only did she not want to wake up her allies, but she also didn't want the Capitol and the other districts watching her be so vulnerable.

But to Katia she was used to it. They were very much alike, feared and cold blooded in the games and the Capitol, but careful and soft when around the people they loved.

Katia stood up carefully and quietly to approach Enobaria and sit beside her.

"Tell me about it." She said. Enobaria's eyes snapped towards the girl next to her in slight confusion.

"You already know the whole story in full detail Tia." She replied. Katia had a slight genuine smile on her face, remembering that the Enobaria of District 2, had trusted her to be the first person she shared her story to.

"I know I know, but we're gonna be here for hours so why not? She replied.

"Ok-" Enobaria started, before a loud alarming sound interrupted her.

Both of their ears perked up listening to the alarm sounding rhythmically as they both counted in their heads how many there were.

The siblings and Brutus woke up quickly, unsure of what was happening at first but also paying attention to the sound.

After 12 times, the alarm stopped.
"I counted 12." Katia announced to everyone as they all muttered a "same".

"What could it mean?" Cashmere asked the group.

"Midnight maybe?" Brutus replied.

"Could be.." Katia thought out loud.

Suddenly, the sound of a machine powering up got their attention. They all stood up abruptly, grabbing their weapons in hand as the sound started to get louder and louder.

Initially they had thought the sound had came from an approaching tribute that they somehow couldn't see, but then the sound of crackling and thunder rumbling had them standing very still, afraid to move.

It had come from the left side of them, where a giant tree had been, the thunder seemed to be hitting it over and over again.

"Whatt thee fuuck." Gloss gasped confused. Everyone had the same thought in their head as they watched it strike the tree 10 times.

"We have to go check it out." Katia announced, readying her trident.

"What? No no no! That's what whoever did that wants us to do, it's a trap!" Enobaria exclaimed, stopping Katia from moving.

"Yeah meaning there's people there, tributes to kill." She argued back.

"No Katia we just talked about this, we don't go anywhere until morning." Cashmere added.

Katia thought for a moment before sighing and sitting back down. "Fine whatever." she muttered.

Once everyone went back to sleep apart from Katia and Enobaria, Katia noticed her eyes slowly close and quickly open again.

"You can go to sleep you know. I'm fine keeping watch by my own." She told the girl next to her.

"Are you sure?" Enobaria asked, unsure. Katia just simply nodded with a smile in return.

Enobaria returned the smile before getting comfortable and closing her eyes. "Remember Tia, wake me up as soon as anything happens." She reminded, before drifting off to sleep.

~•~•~•~•~•~•

"E! Enobaria wake up!" Brutus exclaimed, shaking the girls shoulders rapidly.

Enobaria immediately shot up and opened her eyes. She looked around for a moment to see Cashmere and Gloss packing up all their weapons and Brutus who was in front of her with a worried expression and had his arms on her shoulders.

"E, where the hell is Katia." Brutus asked sternly.

That's when Enobaria's eyes shifted to her surroundings again. Then she finally realised that Katia was nowhere to be seen.
"Shit shit shit shit shit!" She yelled in frustration as she abruptly stood up and quickly packed all her weapons.

"Enobaria what's wrong? Where is she!" Brutus asked again, impatient.

"She's going to the lightning tree."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

A/N: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 15K READS!!