ten: no fighting

I finally gave in to Johanna and allowed her to teach me how to fight with an axe for a little over an hour.

I didn't particularly enjoy it, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to know how to use another weapon, plus spending time with Johanna was extremely fun.

After I finally had enough with the heavy weapon, I excused myself from Johanna and walked over to the plants station. I was already great at all the other weapons they could offer, apart from an axe, but one thing I wasn't good at was plants.

Not that my lack of knowledge with plants gave me a disadvantage in previous games, but I've watched many games where tributes died from eating or just by touching the wrong plants. Like the girl from 5 last year, she had accidentally eaten nightlock berries that killed her instantly. I'm glad I wasn't her because I would have probably done the same. That's why I should learn about them more.

I inspected the station for a few moments before getting started. It would display a plant and tell you a bit about them, then when you have read all of it, you do a test.

I took my time with reading each and every plant, making sure I remember what each of them do. Once I gathered all the information I needed, I moved on to the test. It showed a picture of a plant and I would have to pick if it's safe or not safe. Easy.

I was doing extremely well, not getting a single question wrong. But when the nightlock berries appeared, I smirked and was about to press not safe when I heard a voice behind me.

"Not safe."

I turned my head and rolled my eyes at the sight. Peeta Mellark was walking towards me. "I don't need your help 12. I'll be done in a few minutes come back later." I say to him as I direct my attention back to the test.

"You can take your time Odair, I just want to talk." He said. I rolled my eyes. I knew what he was doing, he was trying to get me to be an ally. For all I know Finnick probably sent him to talk to me.

"Well that's unfortunate." I replied. Peeta raised his eyebrows in confusion. "Because I don't want to talk to you." I finished as I completed the test, getting 100% correct and walking away from the boy.

Peeta immediately grabbed my wrist and yelled out "Wait!" in an attempt to get me to talk to him.

Out of pure instinct, I use my other arm to grab his arm that was holding my wrist, and squeezed it hard before using it to throw him on the floor. The sound of Peeta's body hitting the ground immediately grabbed everyone in the training centre's attention as two peacekeepers sprinted towards us.

One of the peacekeepers grabbed me by the waist, pulling me away from the boy as the other one helped Peeta to his feet and shielded him from me. Katniss, Brutus and Atala, the head trainer all made their ways towards us.

Katniss sprinted towards Peeta, while Brutus grabbed me from the peacekeeper and pushed me back. "Tia what are you doing!?" He whispered. Before I could reply, the voice of Atala interrupts me.

"Katia Odair." She spoke. "Out of all people I thought you would be the one to know the rules by now. NO fighting in the training centre. You can have all the fun you want in a few days when your in the arena."

Brutus knew I was about to bite back as he tried to hold me back but he wasn't fast enough. "Yea? Well tell lover boy over there to keep his hands away from me or he won't have a hand!" I yelled, my body facing a scared Peeta. Katniss glared at me in response. I was about to say something to her too when Brutus grabbed my waist and drags me away from the situation.

I tried to remove myself from Brutus' tight grip but he was too strong. "That's enough." He says as he continues to drag me until we were with the other careers.

"Now what the fuck were you thinking Tia!?" Brutus yelled out loud, no longer in a whisper.

"What are you on about? Peeta was the one that approached me and grabbed my wrist, all I did was defend myself and teach him a lesson." I said, defending myself.

"I know it's been like 7 years since you've been in here, but you know the rules! Now you just made yourself look bad in front of Plutarch AND the game makers!" Gloss joined in. I turned around towards the area where the game makers and Plutarch Heavensbee, the new head game maker were.

A few of the game makers were staring at me with no expression while Plutarch was shaking his head looking at Peeta and Katniss. I don't know if he was shaking his head because of what I did to them or about something the district 12 tributes did.

When I turned my attention back to the careers, both Cashmere and Enobaria were quick to defend me.

"You two are crazy. What Katia did was fucking amazing. Did you see the look of all the other tributes watching? They all looked terrified of her." Cashmere spoke up. I smiled at both Cashmere and the fact that I scared off some of the tributes. That was my favourite thing to do aside from killing them.

"Exactly, now we just gotta hope 12 learnt his lesson and won't approach Tia or anyone of us again." Enobaria commented.

Cashmere and Enobaria clearly won this argument as the two boys stayed silent and didn't say anything else.

Brutus sighed before grabbing my arm and pulling me away from the others to take me to the knives station. "Now let's see if you still know how to use a knife." He said.

I knew he was joking- or I must hope he was. Knives were my specialty, everyone in this room knows it. I could easily kill each and everyone of these people with my eyes closed if I could.

"You're joking right?" I asked genuinely. He just laughed.

"Of course I am Tia, I just want you to win back the game makers and show off a little bit." He replied as we got to the station. Brutus customised the settings to the highest difficulties as I grabbed a belt where I could stash all the knives in.

I stepped inside the massive room- area- or whatever it was. I looked back at Brutus who signed, "You ready?" since I couldn't hear him.

I nodded my head and gave him a thumbs up as I closed my eyes.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

1146 words!

A/N: She was just getting dragged this whole chapter lmao.

Anyways sorry for the late updates but please keep voting, tyy <3