eight: allies and missions

I arrived at the second floor and knocked on the door.

Please be here.

Not even ten seconds later the door opens to reveal Cashmere who was no longer in that ugly dress she had on at the tributes parade.

"Katia! Hey girl come in!" She smiled and stepped to the side so I could enter.

I followed Cashmere to the living room where Gloss, Enobaria and Brutus were sat talking.

"Hey guys." I said making my presence known. Their heads turned towards me and they all greeted me with smiles as me and Cashmere sat down.

"So Tia, guessing you'll be with us?" E asked, though her and everyone in the room already knew the answer to that.

"Of course I am."

"That's great, but what are you going to do about your brother and Johanna Mason?" Brutus asked.

I thought for a moment, honestly I have no idea.

"I don't know but they would never hurt me. My only goal is to kill Katniss Everdeen." Brutus looked proud at what I just said as the others just smiled and nodded.

"So Katia, what was that about earlier with the 12's?" Gloss commented.

"It was nothing I was just catching up with Haymitch Abernathy when he invited me to come over to talk about being allies." They all looked furious. Of course none of us liked the distant and less fortunate districts, even E and Brute was hesitant at first about me being friends with Haymitch, but they should all know better that I would never be allies with them.
"Calm down guys I obviously turned down the request."

The whole night we talked about everything. The games, the other tributes, our life back at our districts, what we would do if we made it back home, all that stuff.

Once it got very dark, Cashmere and Gloss returned to their floor while I decided to stay and sleep here.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

FINNICK'S POV

Once I shut the door to our room, I walked towards the elevator and pressed the 13th floor where Haymitch wanted to talk. I thought about my sister on the way there.

I love her more than anything but she is so arrogant and stubborn. She will end up getting killed if she sticks with the careers.

Once the elevator reached the 13th floor, known as the rooftop, I took a second to look around at everyone here. Haymitch had gathered different people from different districts.

He told me it was about the uprising against the Capitol. I wasn't sure about it at first, but if I come out of this game alive, I want a future where Annie and I can eventually start a family together peacefully. If this was the way to have that, then I will do it.

I was walking around looking at everyone here, the tributes and mentors from 6, 7, 10,  and 11 were here.

I spotted Haymitch and was making my way to him when he cleared his throat loudly and gathered our attention.

"Thank you everyone for showing up here, I know a lot of you are hesitant and are having doubts about what we are planning, but trust us that we know what we are doing." Haymitch started.

"Katniss Everdeen gave us something we didn't think existed, hope. And so we ask of you all, to do whatever you need to do to keep her and Peeta Mellark alive. I know some of you will not like this, but think about the future of Panem. This is the start of the rebellion against the Capitol."

"Some of you might think we don't stand a chance against Snow, but together, we will defeat him. There will be a signal during the games, we wont tell you what signal that is but when you hear or see it, you will know and we will send in aircrafts in the arena to collect the remaining tributes. That's all you need to know, we will take it from there and make sure that we all get to district 13 safe and sound."

As the last few words came out of Haymitch's mouth, whispers broke out among us.

"District 13?"

"I thought that was a myth?"

"There is no district 13."

"Now!" Haymitch raised his voice to keep us quiet again.
"I know you all have lots of questions but leave all the complications to us. All we ask of you all is to keep Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark alive. Without them, the whole rebellion can simply not happen."

"Now inside the arena, district 4 we need you to stay with Katniss and Pe-" As Haymitch spoke, he scanned the crowned to find me and when he did and realised Katia was no where to be seen, he paused.

"Finnick where's Katia?" Haymitch asked. Everyone turned to face me.

"She's not coming."

That was all I could manage to say. I didn't want to tell everyone that she would be apart of the careers cause then they wouldn't trust me either.

"Well then, guess you're going to have to keep my two tributes safe by yourself."

"Blight and Johanna, stick to Wiress and Beetee and protect them. Without them we are also screwed. Try and find Katniss, Peeta and Finnick."

The rest of Haymitch's speech was kind of a blur to me. Yes I listened, but all I had to do was make sure Katniss and Peeta stay alive. Easy.

Once he finished everything he needed to say, everyone started making their way out and back to their designated floors except me, Johanna and Haymitch.

"She's joining the careers isn't she?" Johanna asked referring to my younger sister as she approached me.

I looked down and nodded. "She will never team up with us as long as Katniss is in the picture. Katia hates her more than anyone and she particularly said that she wants Katniss to be her first kill. That's her only mission, to kill Katniss." I explained to them.

"Well that makes our job a lot more difficult." Haymitch commented. "Someone needs to keep an eye out for her and make sure she doesn't go near Katniss."

I nodded at his words. I love my sister more than anyone in this world, but if anyone Katia loves dies, she will place all the blame on Katniss and Katia takes revenge to an extent where she won't stop until she's fully satisfied. Bane Reed is a perfect example, he killed Halo, her district partner so she murdered him in a way no one had seen before, she had no remorse. She did all that to avenge someone she was only close with for a few days. Now imagine what she would do if it was someone like Brutus or Enobaria.

She would burn Katniss' world to the ground and everyone she loves in it.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

1145 words!

A/N: Thank you for 100 reads! I'm trying my best to update as much as possible, but this week is going to be very hectic so there might only be one chapter a day.

But don't forget to keep voting <3