The Beginning

October 31, 1981

Thus began a new journey for the twins, Harry James Potter and Jace Lilian Potter.

While Lily Evans Potter and James Potter were resting themselves, preparing for the counter against Voldemort, something unexpecting happens.

With James handling some Deatheaters at the entrance, Lily protected Harry and Jace in their nursery until the Dark Lord himself knocked her out.

When Lily lost consciousness, Voldemort appeared in front of the twins.

You see, he wasn't going to risk his chances of being killed by an infant because of a prophecy. So, he's deciding on taking which twin he should take and raise.

He glimpsed over at Jace, who started to cry when seeing the man. Next, he looked over at Harry, who stared at him with curiosity. From that moment, he made up his mind.

As Voldemort decided to take Harry, he was suddenly shot by a spell, causing him to turn into ashes.

Quickly, he cast a spell on Harry, causing a lighting-bolt scar to appear on his forehead before 'dying.' This caused Harry to fall asleep while Jace cried from being scared.

Lily woke up as soon as she heard Jace's cry and swiftly went to check on her sons.

As she picked up Jace to comfort the boy, Albus Dumbledore soon appeared with James beside him.

"Is everything alright?" Dumbledore asks, seeing only Jace in Lily's arms.

"Everything's fine, Albus. I think Jace defeated You-Know-Who..." Lily explained, although feeling uncertain.

James rushed to hold Harry, who woke up by him.

"This explains the prophecy I just received: an infant that survives at the hands of Voldemort will one day defeat the Dark Lord shall he ever return," Albus clarifies.

James and Lily gushed over Jace, believing that he was the Boy-Who-Lived while Harry was the real one.

"However, I could be mistaken, but-" Before Albus could finish his sentence, Sirius Black and Remus Lupin came inside the room.

"Is everyone okay?" Sirius asks, hoping that nothing terrible has happened.

"We're fine, Padfoot. More than fine, Jace defeated You-Know-Who!" James exclaims, causing the two men to rush over.

'Oh, dear. I shouldn't have said anything...' Albus thought, concerned for Harry. 'If they favor Jace over Harry and ignore him, things will get complicated. I can't let Harry suffer like this. What should I do...?'

While Albus was thinking of a plan to ensure Harry's safety, another event happened, somewhere in the future, far away.

~~~~~~

March 6th, 1986

Mirabel Madrigal, a five-year-old girl, was both nervous and excited. Why? It was about to be her gift ceremony.

As her mind picture the perfect day, she wonders what kind of gift she would get to help, just like her family.

While she walks over to her door with nervousness, she sees the happy smile her Abuela has, making her feel relaxed.

"Will you serve this community and strengthen our hope?" Abuela Alma asks. Mirabel nods as she touches the candle.

Once she lets go, she reached to touch her doorknob, but something went wrong.

But one's thing for sure, she considers all her birthdays to be the worst day of her life.

~~~~~~

November 11th, 1986

As Katheren was hanging out with her grandfather Enzo and triplet sister Lilith, she thought of what kind of magical powers she would have.

Every five-year-old child would receive power from the Queen of All Gifts. She is the one who decides on which gift the child would have.

As they wander through the woods, Katheren wonders what kind of power she would receive along with her sisters until something unexpected happens.

Soon, they stumble upon a man who looked and acted unstably.

They tried walking away, but the man suddenly reached for his gun, pointing straight at the young ones.

Enzo ran up to the man, but he shot a bullet at Lilith, instantly killing her.

Soon, a fight broke out. With the man pulling a knife, he cuts Katheren's left eye without hesitation before killing Enzo.

After that, he hears the commotion, forcing him to retreat but not before smiling evilly at the now bleeding one.

After that, Katheren lost her eye, sister, and grandfather that day.

Consequently, because of the trauma, she never receives her power, leaving her accused and powerless in the eyes of others.

~~~~~~

September 12, 1988

Today was Danny Fenton's birthday, something that he always considered a gift. Or at least used to.

What should've been the most amazing for Danny turns into a complete nightmare.

When little Danny turned six, he has already shoved away into school without ever hearing a 'Happy birthday!' from his family.

Although it hurt him, Danny thought that his friends would at least be there for him.

How wrong he was...

After school, Danny got told that Sam and Tucker, his two best friends, didn't want him.

Their reason was that their parents didn't want them to spend time with him because he was the child of 'the famous ghost-hunters.'

Once he came home, he hoped that Jazz, his sister, remember his birthday.

Sadly, the only reply he got was, "Go away, Danny, can't you see I'm studying?"

From that day, Danny began to hate his birthdays.

He wishes that generous people would be friends with him for the rest of his life.

And maybe, it might happen...

~~~~~~

Life flashed through their eyes as Harry abandoned at his aunt's house, Mirabel maturing without love or appreciation, Katheren stood with neglect and abuse by others, and Danny fought to survive; things weren't looking okay on their end.

That was until they each received their official letters to Hogwarts at eleven.

At that, things might look bright on their new journey for a better future...