Visiting Hagrid is Always a Good Choice, Even if it Means Danger's Lurking

Katheren POV

After the mirror incident, Harry, Danny, and Mariposa kept asking if I was okay. I find it both annoying and pleasing: Irritating because they constantly worried about me and my mental health, given that it isn't great whatsoever, and enjoyable because they could give me the comfort I needed. 

I mean. Everyone gets stressed now and then, but my mind was on the verge of breaking so bad. 

If I hadn't taken the Portkey and arrived at Diagon Alley, then I wouldn't meet my best friends.

I often wonder what my life would be like if it happened, but I also know that it could be a possibility, given that I believe in the multiverse. All the infinite worlds that cross in a universe regardless of the timeline. For example, I could be Harry's friend, sister, brother, cousin, mother, father, etc., no matter my age, gender, or ethnicity.

Anyway, right now, I'm with Mariposa to head to Professor Snape's class. We're enjoying spending time together, given that Danny and Harry wanted to hang out during their break. 

As we made it without anyone there, I began to hear the 'Golden Trio' talking.

"Hagrid's going to be in significant trouble if we don't get my brother here soon," Ron nervously whispered. 

"Honestly, you two. Think of the bigger picture. We need to find out who sent that egg to Hagrid without causing a scene. Do you think we can get Harry and his friends to join us?" Hermione asked.

"Look, I may not know my brother very well, but I'm not friendly enough to ask him. Besides, Dad's in denial about him being in Slytherin, and Mom wants to have a relationship with him. For me, I rather become his friend than be enemies, but with Malfoy going around, maybe there's a chance he'll snitch to him," Jace said.

I rolled my eyes as my right eye twitched out of annoyance. 

"Honestly, Jace? Harry, Katheren, Danny, and Mirabel are the nicest people I have ever met. Sure, they may seem powerful and intimidating, but they're gentle as a butterfly, especially Katheren and Harry," Hermione defended us.

'Ah. Next time, I should buy Hermione a gift,' I thought, smiling.

"I guess you're right. Either way, maybe you should be the one to ask. If they say no-"

"Then we'll leave it at that," She said.

They soon left, not noticing Mirabel or me.

"Hermione's too good for them," I blurted out.

"Wait, what?" Mariposa asked.

"I said-"

"Yeah, I heard you. But how can you hear the Golden Trio if they're far away from us?"

"Wait, what?" I asked now.

"They stayed at the Great Halls longer than any of us. How did you manage to hear their conversation from there?"

"I guess I really have good hearing," I said, surprised at my newfound power. 

"You remind me of someone I used to know. Her name was Dolores, and her gift was to have enhanced hearing," Mariposa said. 

I was shocked because, typically, Mariposa rarely ever talks about her town, especially her family. 

"Wait, doesn't her name mean 'pain?'" 

"Yes, Katheren. She invariably experienced pain ever since she received her gift. She's the second grandchild of the 'family,' but she's..."

I held onto Mariposa's hand as I could tell she was about to cry.