Third Year Starts

Katheren, Harry, Shade, and Mariposa were preparing their stuff for the new year at Hogwarts. Even though it's their third year, that meant that they could pick some extra electives.

Katheren chose Care for the Magical Creatures, Ancient Runes, and Arithmacy. Since she's rather good with numbers, it'll help her with her future later. As an extra side of studying, she chose Earth Magic since she wants to be able to clear a path if she's blocked.

Harry chose Care for the Magical Creatures and Divination since she's been rather curious about knowing the future. Her extra choice of studying would be Art since she has a beautiful side for painting, especially with people.

Mariposa chose Care for the Magical Creatures and Ancient Runes. She wanted to know the language in the case of her career choice and be beneficial. Her extra choice of studying is studying Music since she has a passion for it.

Shade's choice was to Care for the Magical Creatures and Divination. For an extra study, he chose the Ghouls Studies in case he's faced with ghosts. Don't get him wrong; he has no issue with ghouls, but some of them tend to get a bit... aggressive.  

Either way, they have all the classes they want.

As they boarded the train (after Winky dropped them off), Katheren couldn't help but feel a cold atmosphere along the way.

'Why do I- Oh no. At this rate, I should know that trouble always finds a way to us... Damn it...' She thought before sitting in an empty compartment with the others. 

"Hey, Katheren?"

"Yes, Harry?" She asked.

"Why do I feel cold all of a sudden?"

"Yeah, me too," Shade and Mariposa asked.

The only answer Katheren gave was a slap on the forehead.

~~~~

"Okay, I know Hogwarts can get a bit cold sometimes, but why in the bloody hell is it this cold?!" Harry asked, shivering in her jacket.

Shade and Mariposa were basically, and consensually, cuddling each other.

Katheren even let out a shiver or two, considering that Harry was not wrong.

"I don't know, Harry. I just know- What in the fucking hell is that?" She said, staring at the Dark creature.

Shade and Mariposa hugged tightly while Harry stared at the creature, not knowing if it was dangerous.

She felt something leaving her, making her lose herself a bit.

However, Katheren, being moody now, stared at it, and there was some sort of war of dark aura attacking each other. Though, it did help that Harry suddenly felt a bit better.

Eventually, the creature left after Katheren gave her unknowing famous glare, and everyone sighed in relief.

"What was that?" Harry asked, but no one knew what that creature was.

However, what they did know was that it wouldn't be the last of seeing it.

"Here, some chocolate," Katheren said, knowing that sugar helps a bit after a traumatic experience. Harry happily ate some and passed some to Shade and Mariposa.

'Damn, Katheren. You are one bloody scary girl...' They thought.

'One bloody, scary girl, indeed...'

~~~~

"Welcome, everyone, to another year of Hogwarts!" Dumbledore started his announcement.

"As we all know, we have a new teacher. Please welcome Professor Remus Lupin, the new head of the Defense against the Dark Creatures!"

While everyone applauded, the quads were obviously not happy about it.

No offense to him. No, wait, there is a lot of bitterness. It was coming from them. The quads stand by their decision about Lupin. Although he doesn't interact harshly, unlike James and Sirius, Lupin doesn't stand up for them. He watches, and that's what makes him wrong in their eyes. Just a bystander doing nothing...

"Hopefully, he'll teach better than the last two. He looks like someone that can actually teach, I guess..." Katheren whispers, and the rest agreed.

"Hey, Potter. Psh, Potter!" They heard Draco whispering to Jace.

"Is it true? That a Dementor Kissed your soul?" Draco asked before having the rest of the other Slytherins laugh at him.

"Oh, sod off, Malfoy," Ron said, and Katheren decided to "save" Jace from saying anything harsh.

"Wait, is a Dementor that weird-looking ghost with a cold aura around it? That's what we saw in our compartment, right guys?" She asked, and Draco's and Jace's faces paled.

"Yeah, I felt that thing sucking the joy out of me," Harry mentioned, and Draco's cup snapped while Jace's eyes were filled with anger.

"But you got rid of it with your famous stare, K."

"Yeah, no matter what creatures are out there, they'll be terrified of you," Mariposa stated. 

The Slytherins and Gryffindors stared at the quads, mainly towards Katheren, and asked themselves, 'How in the bloody hell did this girl manage to scare off a fucking/freakin Dementor?!'

~~~~

Harry POV

"You're okay?" Draco asked as soon as we finished dinner and headed to our compartments. I told my friends I was going to sleep with Draco, just for tonight, in case he was worried, and I was right.

"I'm fine, Dray. Thankfully, Katheren was there. I don't know what would've happened if she wasn't there..." I answered before being hugged by him.

"I owe her one..." He mumbles, and I chuckle.

"Just give her some chocolates. That's what she gave me after that ghost went away," I said, and Draco hugged me tighter.

"Love you, sweetheart," He mumbles before kissing my forehead.

I blushed and replied, "Love you too, Dray. Love you too..."

~~~~

At the same time

~~~~

Shade POV

"Is Harry okay? Is he fine?" Jace asked, and I knew it was coming. I told Katheren and Mari that the Golden Trio might have some questions, and, of course, I was bloody right.

"Harry's alright, guys. If it wasn't for Katheren- Wait, no,  I actually don't want to think about it..." I said, and we shivered at the 'What-if.'

"Katheren saved him?" Ron asked, and I nodded, gleefully noting that they hadn't found the truth behind Harry's gender.

"I owe her one..." I heard Jace mumble, and I chuckled.

"Looks like you do, man. Just give her some long-sleeved shirts. It doesn't matter what color as long as it's not pink. Though, only buy it as a pajama set, okay?" I suggested, and Jace shrugged.

"I guess I can do that..."

'Thank goodness for Katheren... Thank her, indeed...'