I Burn For You (Entirely in English)

Aryan got up from his chair as he saw Imlie approach the dining room. Pulling her chair for her, he sat beside her, immediately pouring her a glass of water.

"Quench your thirst Imlie."

She pushed the glass away and buried her head in her hands, frustrated. Was this what he was going to do? Make jokes about her having the hots for him? Fine. Picking her head up, she turned to face him.

"You quench your thirst ABP. Don't you remember? Your "excitement" 10 minutes ago? For that you need to drink water, not me."

He clenched his fists. How dare she say that so casually? His nostrils flared as he sat up straight, ready to argue all night.

"You don't do a thing to me.. forget getting excited, you don't even affect me. The audacity she has to tell me to drink water. Huh." He crossed his arms, ignoring her expressions.

Imlie banged the dining table, rage visible in her dark brown eyes. How dare he say she didn't matter? After all of this?

"What do you think, that I'm dying for you? Even I am unaffected by you!"

"Shut up Imlie!"

"You shut up!"

Aryan and Imlie stood up, both taking this argument on their ego. How could she say he didn't affect her when clearly, her chest was heaving at the thought of him kissing her just a few minutes ago? Impossible.

How could he blatantly lie that her proximity did nothing to him when his grip on her waist got tighter the moment her breath touched his neck?

The pair grabbed their plates and headed two separate ways, mocking one another in their heads. Aryan sat in the living room, stuffing his mouth with rajma chawal as Imlie wandered into the kitchen, grabbing a countertop to sit on. Her mind couldn't stop thinking of him so she splashed her face with cool water from the kitchen sink, hoping it would rid her of his thoughts. Fuck you Aryan, fuck you.

Aryan was about to turn on his laptop when he heard his phone ring. "Hello sir, please don't get angry.. the mattress which you ordered today can't be delivered.. It'll reach tomorrow. I'm really very sorry for the delay sir."

Aryan hung up the phone, not in the mood to yell. No bed. Great. Now he would have to spend the night on his sofa, sharing space with her. Fuck, this was terrible.

____________________________________________________

[Two hours later]

Aryan walked into his room yawning. He placed his laptop on the side table and walked to the bathroom. The doorknob refused to budge. Imlie. He knocked, his heart already pounding. He couldn't stay mad at her. Not anymore. She was right. She affected him. A lot. And he knew she was affected by him in the same way. Ugh. Why were they arguing again?

"One minute! I'm coming one.. aah!" She cried as she slipped, her palms rubbing across the floor. Her blisters worsened the situation a tenfold. Aryan banged on the door, his concern pouring out. "Imlie did you hurt yourself?! Open the door!"

Imlie brought herself to sit up and unlock the door, her fingers still burning from the terrible fall. Aryan came running through the door, his knees hitting the floor before she knew it. He grabbed her hand and blew over it, his eyes full of worry. Imlie winced, his cool breath burning her more. She was affected by him alright. She just had to admit it and make things good again.

Looking up to meet her eyes, Aryan noticed Imlie's nightdress hanging on the wall, and then her jewelry stand sitting in front of the oval mirror. Oh. So she was trying to change in this condition. Just typical Imlie things.

"Do you need help changing?" Imlie looked up, embarrassed to say yes. She had already yelled at him, and asking for a favor wouldn't be appropriate unless.. unless she said sorry. But why would she say sorry? He started it. Joking about her thirst... for him.

Aryan could see Imlie's dilemna just from her furrowed brows. Awkward. That's what this was. They were awkward, to admit to each other the satisfaction of their blooming intimacy. That's why they were picking fights with each other. Well, that was a theory. If only he could test it.

"Only if you don't mind."

Oh. She was speaking in English. She was holding something back.

"Okay."

Aryan turned to close the door as Imlie rolled up to her knees, taking a minute to get up. He could apologize, and things would go back to the way they were. But what if Imlie really didn't want him? What if she meant what she said outside? That he didn't matter to her. Nor did his touch.

He neared her, looking at her through the mirror. Her beautiful locks were covering her cheeks. Oh, how he wished he could push them behind her ears.

His stare. It was so immense that she felt like putty already. How could she let him unwrap her sari without melting to the floor? This was such a challenge. But she was up for it.

His fingers trembled as they reached for the pin that held her blouse to her pallu, that thin cream colored material that lined her back, the gorgeous back she had. Stop it Aryan. Focus.

Without touching her exposed skin, he managed to unpin the sari. Whew. Step one was over. Just 1 million more.

She watched him as he slowly circled her, holding the pallu in his hand, his gaze penetrating her soul. She felt guilty of hurting him. Hurting herself. He was her heart after all.

"Wait. I want to say something Mr. Egoistic." She felt extreme guilt to address him with that nickname after wounding him with her words. He must have been so broken, especially since they had shared very special moments just hours before.

"Imlie, even I want to tell you something."

"Sorry" they spoke in unison. Imlie sighed in relief as Aryan's arms wrapped around her for yet another hug. She immediately buried her face in his neck, pulling him in. "I'm sorry.. I said whatever came to my mind without thinking it through."

"No, I'm sorry Imlie. I shouldn't have irritated you like that. I went overboard."

Imlie took a deep breath before she told him what he wanted to hear. "You affect me ABP. When you walk towards me, my heartbeats go jogging. My breath hitches and my brain stops functioning."

He smiled. "I know. I just wanted to hear you admit it."

She smiled. "Now it's your turn. I want to hear it from you."

"Okay fine. I admit I was a bit harsh earlier but you don't really affect me Imlie."

She formed a fist and hit him hard in the chest.

"Ouch! What was that for?"

"You know, ABP."

"Imlie" he started in his husky voice, "you're my destruction. Whenever you're around me, I don't see anything else."

"Are you going blind in love?" Imlie joked. Aryan flared his nostrils, irritated by Imlie's interjections. Here he was telling her how she made him feel and she was choosing to crack jokes?

"Imlie stop it and listen.." He held her arms and shook her. "Every time you laugh, I can hear my insides breaking free to join your smile. Every time you touch me, I burn. Every time you tease me, I want to throw you on my bed and..." his voice trailed off as he held back his sexual thoughts. This wasn't the time to tell Imlie how much he wanted to rock her. Hard.

"And?'' Imlie raised her eyebrows awaiting his response, and then realized. "Again the third word is loaned. ABP can you do things other than talking? Talking at the office, talking here also.."

Aryan pushed her to the wall, pinning a surprised Imlie with his arms. "Jungli, stop it. Stop the teasing right now." His eyes looked at her quivering lips as he swallowed, his Adam's apple moving in and out of place. Imlie was quite turned on just by the sight of it.

"Aryan.." her voice shook as she took notice of the man that cornered her. His large frame overpowered her dainty figure, his bulging biceps trapping her. She was done for. Imagining the night before her, she closed her eyes, ready to face anything that came her way.