Chapter 11

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Kao's POV

I jumped out of my car to confront the driver who had rudely swiped my parking spot from me. I was ready to give him a bloody nose as I walked towards him.

"Coo! Cooheart!" My voice could hardly come out because of the shock of seeing him again.

In the ER he had totally ignored me, pretended that he had never met me before.

I had to act professionally because I was the ER doctor who treated Title's head wound. Yes, Title, the man that Cooheart had replaced me with.

I remembered Title's face. He was very good looking, about the same height and build as mine.

I wondered if Title treated Coo as lovingly as I had when I was Coo's boyfriend. I wondered if Coo was happy with him.

"I... I will take my car out of here," Cooheart's voice broke into my inner thoughts. "I'm... I'm sorry I didn't see that you..."

"No, no, no!" I rushed forward and grabbed his wrist as he tried to walk away and go back to his car. "You can have that spot. Can we talk, Cooheart, please?"

"What's the point, Kao?" he asked, his voice was very soft and low that I almost didn't notice that it cracked at the end when he mentioned my name. "You are now in a committed relationship and so am I," he had added.

"I know you are!" I didn't mean to raise my voice. "But. I. am. NOT!!!"

"Then who was that girl ..."

I did not even wait for him to finish his question. I grabbed him and held him tight in my arms, ignoring the fact that he kept on squirming and trying to break free but I needed for him to listen to me and clear his misunderstanding.

"That girl in question is the younger sister of my colleague and he is like a younger sister to me as well," I said, emphasizing 'younger sister' each time I said that phrase. "She is nothing more than that to me. And I haven't been involved with anyone even after you announced that you had found Title and are now in a relationship with him."

"We broke off," his voice was so soft that I almost didn't catch what he just said.

"But you just said a few seconds ago that you are in a committed relationship," I said, getting very much confused.

"Yes, I am," he confirmed. "But not with Title."

Oh, shit, was I going to have to deal with another lover of his?

"And who is this new partner of yours and how did you meet him?" I asked, letting go of Cooheart and unconsciously forming tight fists with my two hands.

I really did not want to hear his answer but I still wanted to know.

My chest was tightening with the pain I was feeling there but still I stood where I was, waiting for Cooheart to answer my questions.

Cooheart was silent for a long time and there was a point where I thought he would just turn away and leave me standing where I was.

"I don't need to give you his name," he finally spoke up. "And I don't need to tell you how I met him."

I let out a loud sigh. And so did that mean that I absolutely had no more chances with him?

I was about to turn away without even saying good bye when I heard him say softly, so very, very softly, almost in a whisper and almost as if he was talking only to himself.

"But I... I don't really love him."

Wait, whaaat???