Chapter 29

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Mrs. Namwirote's POV

I was able to hold back my son's hand before he could hurt Santa.

I instructed Santa to go back inside the house and then grabbed my son's hand and started dragging him down the hallway towards a deserted corridor, hoping that no resident of the building would pass by and overhear the lecture that I was going to give my son.

"You!" I brandished an index finger to my son's face. "Listen to me! Stop being selfish and choose either Kao or Santa Once. And. For. All. Stop confusing them and swinging from one to the other like the pendulum of an old grandfather clock. Kao is a good person and I know he loves you as well, but don't forget that he left you for Japan when he was offered a good career opportunity. You are accusing Santa of leaving you when he becomes successful and rich but look how he has been constant with you, tolerating your wishy washy character. You are the one who is fickle minded. You leave him at the drop of a hat for Title or Kao. And yet he has remained with you all this time. He is the one who will most likely be with you through thick and thin. I suggest that you choose to stay with Santa instead of going to Kao."

I was starting to feel confident that my son was going to take my advice because he seemed to be listening carefully to me but suddenly he started crying again.

"Mom, don't forget that Santa is seven years younger than I am," my son was saying between sobs. "You were right about the possibility of him leaving me for someone younger when I am old and gray."

"Son, I am sorry for putting that into your head. I regret that an idea like that ever entered my mind. I can tell that Santa is not the kind who will do that sort of thing," I tried to make my voice as convincing as I could.

"No, mom!" my son's crying was in full force now. "I can already foresee myself in a lonely room on a lonely bed waiting for Santa to appear and he never shows up because he is surrounded by several young boy toys enjoying his fame and fortune!"

Then suddenly before I could stop him, he went running down the corridor all the way to the exit staircase.

I could only watch him helplessly, feeling so much frustration that I was not able to change his mind at all.

I slowly walked back to my son's unit, wondering how I was going to break the sad and awful news to Santa that my son had left him for Kao.