Chapter 16

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Kao's POV

I didn't wait for the elevator to come up to the third floor where Cooheart and I were.

I quickly turned around and walked away looking frantically around for the stairs exit. I didn't want Cooheart to see the tears that were quickly forming in my eyes.

When I found the exit I rushed to it and once I was in the stairwell I allowed my tears to flow freely and my sobs to come out of my chest.

I had barely reached the first landing when I heard someone say, "What's the matter, son?"

I looked to see who was talking to me.

A motherly looking lady was going up the stairs and had almost reached the landing where I was when suddenly I recognized her face and from her widened eyes and by the look on her own face I could tell that she recognized me too.

"Kao!" she exclaimed, rushing up to me and hugging me tightly." When did you come back from Japan? I'm assuming that you have just come from Cooheart's place. Why are you crying? Did Cooheart do anything to hurt you?"

It was good that she was talking and asking questions one after another without giving me a chance to talk. That bought me some time to compose myself.

I quickly wiped away my tears.

"Coo... Cooheart..." I found myself sobbing once more, trying to talk between sobs. "He... he... has..."

"Cooheart has broken off with Title." She interrupted me.

That was not what I was trying to tell her.

"I know, I know," I said. "There's something else but I don't know if I should tell you in case you don't know it yet."

"I think you better tell me," she said grimly. "I don't want Cooheart going around messing with people's hearts left and right. I can still remember how Title had come to tell me that I would not be seeing him anymore because Cooheart had broken off with him and it broke my heart to see him crying."

"He has a new boyfriend and he is with him right now," there I said it.

"What in bloody hell is he thinking," Cooheart's mom said quickly going up the steps.

I held her back.

"Don't," I said to her. "Please don't tell him that I told you."

"I won't," she quickly assured me.

She turned around to give me a quick hug.

"Keep in touch," she said. "You still have my number don't you?"

"Yes, mom, I do and I will," the 'mom' came out automatically, out of habit. I had always addressed her as 'mom' during the times that Cooheart and I were together.

"Take care now," she said before continuing up the steps.

I crossed my fingers and hoped hard that she would be able to convince Cooheart that that boy toy of his was no good for him.

I continued down the steps and walked out into the lobby feeling a bit better and feeling a lot more hopeful that soon, hopefully very soon, Cooheart and I will be in each other's arms and nothing and no one would ever separate us again.