Chapter 15

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Cooheart's POV

"Kao! Wait! Please!" I called out.

I was walking really fast but I broke into a run when I noticed that I was far from catching up with him.

"Please, Kao!" I called out once more, my voice cracking on his name because I was now close to tears.

He must have noticed how my voice had hitched on his name because he stopped and turned around and waited for me to reach him.

"What excuse are you going to give me about that ... that ..." he seemed to be at a loss for words on how to refer to Santa.

"He's your current boyfriend, isn't he?" he continued. "After you broke off with Title you wasted no time in replacing Title with that... that..." again he seemed not to know how to refer to Santa, but finally he said, "... that ... that boy toy of yours."

"Don't call him that!" I protested. "He is serious about me!"

"And are you serious about him?" he challenged me.

He got me there. I did not know how to reply to that.

"He takes good care of me," was all I could say to justify Santa's presence in my life.

Kao let out a hollow laugh.

"And how does he do that, by giving you very satisfying sex every night?" he asked with a bitter smile.

Before I could stop myself, the palm of my hand connected with the side of his face.

He gave me a shocked look before saying firmly, "We are over, Cooheart. Go back to that boy toy of yours. He is waiting for you. He was preparing a very delicious lunch for you. You won't have to worry anymore about where to get your lunch. Go and have fun."

His voice cracked on the last sentence but he bravely turned around and started walking away again very fast.

I did not chase after him this time.

I found my knees buckling and found myself on the floor of the hallway right beside where the elevators were.

Kao had not bothered to wait for elevator service. He went to the door that said EXIT which led to the stairwell.

I didn't bother to get up but just stayed in my position on my butt on the floor, staring at the neon sign that said EXIT.

I wasn't sobbing but I could feel the hot tears flowing down my cheeks.

Why didn't he give me a chance to explain myself. Why was he so judgmental on me.

I folded my knees upwards towards my chest and rested my face on my knees, my hands on either side of my head.

Suddenly I felt a light tap on my shoulder.