Chapter 21

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Barcode's POV

I stood outside the mall, right by the entrance, waiting anxiously for Santa's arrival.

I glanced at my wrist watch.

We had agreed to meet at six thirty this evening. It was now six forty five. He was running a good fifteen minutes late. What was holding him up.

Should I call him? But what if he was driving. No I shouldn't distract him from his driving. I want him here with me alive, all in one piece.

Maybe I could distract myself a little bit while going inside that pet store, the very first store you see once you enter the building.

I was about to walk inside the building when I heard someone call my name softly.

I turned around.

My blood surged up to my face. He looked so hot in his open neck navy blue pencil striped polo shirt. I had to hold myself back from rushing up to him and giving him a big hug.

"Hi," I said, hating myself for how my voice came out like a squeak instead of the low sexy voice that I wanted to sound.

"I know I'm late, I'm sorry," Santa said.

"Don't be," I said with a shy smile. "The important thing is that you came. I was getting worried earlier that you might have changed your mind."

"I would have called you if I had changed my mind," he said. "There was a traffic build up at the corner three blocks away from here. A sports car had sideswiped an SUV and other motorists were all trying to change lanes."

"It's a good thing you're safe and you made it here all in once piece," I said. "How does Italian food sound to you?"

"Sounds great," he said.

"Let's go up to the third floor where the food court is," I suggested. "There is an Italian food booth there that offers great Italian cuisine."

We were about to head for the elevator but there was a big group of people waiting for elevator service.

"I think we would get to the third floor faster using the escalator," Santa suggested.

"I agree," I said, following Santa as he made his way towards the escalator that we should have used earlier the moment we walked inside the building because it was just a few steps away from the pet store which was right there by the entrance of the mall.

When we reached the escalator, he stepped aside to let me go first.

I got careless and stepped onto the moving units, hitting the edge with the tip of my shoe, making me lose my balance.

Fortunately Santa was right behind me and caught me in his arms before my whole body could hit the floor.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Cooheart's POV

"Thank you," I said to the pet store clerk as he handed me the box containing the puppy.

It had already been wrapped up as a present with several holes around the box to let air in, and the store clerk also had taped a large red bow on top of the box.

I had of course paid an extra charge for the gift box and gave the clerk a tip.

Mrs. Puangmalee's dog Cocoa had passed away a few months ago and I thought that giving her a new pet would somehow alleviate her feeling of loss.

I carefully balanced the gift box in my hands as I walked out of the pet store.

"Shh... shh..." I hushed the puppy inside the box when it started barking.

I don't know what made me look in the direction of the escalator. I had no intention of going up to the upper floors. In fact I was in a rush to bring my present to Title's mom.

I would recognize his back anywhere.

Right beside the escalator, Santa was holding a handsome young man in his arms.