Chapter 22

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Earth's POV

I made sure to focus on the traffic around me. There was a precious bundle riding in my car with me. I could not afford to get into any road accident.

I turned quickly into Title's driveway only to hear a loud squealing of tires.

Shit I had managed to avoid any accidents on the busy streets of Bangkok only to almost crash into Title's car.

Why was he trying to leave his house in the middle of his mother's birthday celebration?

I turned off the engine of my car and stepped out at the exact same time that he emerged from his own car.

He rushed towards me and gave me a hug so tight that I lost all ability to breathe.

I struggled out of his embrace saying, "I can't breathe."

He let go immediately.

"I thought you were never showing up," he complained.

"I had to stop at the mall for something," I said, walking around to the trunk of my car.

I opened the trunk and said to Title, "Help me with this" as I tried to pick up the box containing the Irish Setter puppy inside.

"What is this?" Title asked at the exact same time that the puppy inside started barking.

"Ohmygahd!" Title squealed. "My mom will be on cloud nine when she receives this!"

"Let's hurry and bring it over to her," I said.

As expected, Mrs. Puangmalee was beside herself with delight at the birthday present that I gave her.

She invited me to partake of the food and drinks that were plentiful on the large long table set out on her backyard.

She was disappointed that I had to decline. I explained that I had an urgent matter to attend to.

Title escorted me to my car, demanding a detailed explanation as to why I could not stay and celebrate his mom's birthday.

I debated with myself whether I should tell Title or not.

When I reached my car, I finally turned to him and said with a quivering voice, "I think that Santa is cheating on me" and then got into my car and sped away before Title could see the tears that were forming in my eyes.