Chapter 24

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Santa's POV

I was too shocked by Cooheart's sudden appearance to have any reaction.

Then without a warning he lunged at me, grabbing me by the shoulders and shaking me.

"Why won't you answer me huh?" he asked, his eyes glinting in unrestrained anger. "I know, I know why you can't answer me! It's because you're guilty! Guilty! Guilty! Guilty!"

And with each time that he pronounced the word 'guilty' he was shaking my shoulders harder and harder.

Before I could realize what was happening, Barcode had jumped up from his chair and had grabbed Cooheart away from me before giving him a hard jab under the chin.

The blow sent Cooheart gliding on his behind across the floor.

"What the hell, Barcode!" I suddenly found my voice and was galvanized into action.

I quickly stood up from my chair and went running to help Cooheart up from the floor.

While helping him up from the floor, I was telling him, "I am not cheating on you, Cooheart, he's just treating me to dinner as a way of thanking me for not giving him trouble for crashing into the back of my car the other day."

While I was talking to Cooheart I was guiding him to the escalator, unmindful that I was walking away from Barcode.

Suddenly I felt Barcode grabbing my wrist.

"What is this?" he asked angrily. "You're just going to walk away after I bought food and drinks for you?"

"I'm so sorry, Code," I said to him. "I have to bring my boyfriend home. He is in no state to drive himself safely back home."

Barcode did not say a word. He just stood staring at me, looking like his world had fallen apart.

Suddenly someone approached him, handing him a wallet.

"You left this on your table," said the person as he extended his hand with the wallet to Barcode.

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

For those who might not know him, his name is Jeff Satur, the actor who plays the role of Kim, the love interest of Barcode who plays Porchay in the series "KinnPorsche".

I noticed Barcode staring at the new arrival, a smile slowly appearing on his face.

And just like that, he had forgotten all about me.

I turned to Cooheart.

"Let's go home, sweetheart," I said, placing my arm around his waist.

I was leading him to where I had parked my car when he said, "My car is parked on the second level."

"Leave it there," I said. "You are in no state to drive yourself home safely. We can always come back for it later."

He nodded and got inside the passenger seat of my car.

It was a quiet and tense drive back to Cooheart's unit. I wasn't sure yet whether I could still call it 'our' unit. I wasn't sure what my status was with him. Just because he accused me of cheating on him didn't mean that we were officially back together.

I drove the car into my old spot in the parking lot of Cooheart's building.

I did not get out of the car. I waited for him to say thank you and good night and leave me.

He stayed seated inside my car.

Then he turned to me and asked, "Aren't you coming up to our unit?"

Before I could reply, someone got out of a car that was parked right next to mine and started to approach me and Cooheart.

It was Kao.

He stopped beside the passenger side of my car.

Cooheart looked at him and then looked at me with a very undecided look on his face.