Chapter 16

Louis woke up with a jolt, he was feeling nauseous and he jumped over Edward and bolted in the bathroom, where he reached the toilet just in time. He threw up, and kept gagging. "Ugh, great way to wake up, huh." He heard Harry say. "I don't feel to good either." Holding his hand in front of his mouth and ran out of the room to reach the other bathroom just in time.

All the boys had fallen ill, with a lot of throwing up. They probably had eaten something wrong. The triplets felt better after two days, but Louis still had waves of nausea. But overall they were all feeling better at the end of the week. That was a relieve for Edward who just started as the CEO.

The company opened two weeks ago. Edward was very busy at the office, but he was also very happy, he was finally doing something he really loved. And not to mention he was good at it. He had the natural appearance, and somehow all the employees accepted Edward as the CEO, despite his young age.

This morning they boys were waiting on Ally to bring in their breakfast. Louis was finally able to hold some of his breakfast in, and not throw up after every bite. He was looking forward to breakfast for a change.

Ally was walking in with breakfast and Louis mouth watered at the sight of all the yummy food Ally brought in. He was ready to dig in, but just as Edward walked in, Louis felt sick again.

"Ugh, what is that smell?" Louis asked. "It is really making me sick. Can't you smell it?" He looked at Harry, then Marcel and finally Edward. "I have been smelling that pungent smell all week." "Well maybe you're still a bit sick," Harry pondered, "We alphas have a better immune system, so we don't stay sick that long. We were all sick at the beginning of the week."

*---*---*---*---*

Louis was at Starbucks with Niall, and when they are about to leave, deep in conversation, Louis' stepdad enters Starbucks. Louis hasn't noticed him yet, but his dad is looking at him with a smirk on his face. As he looks up, he stares straight in the face of his stepfather.

Louis is scared at first, but realizes they are in Starbucks, so his stepdad can't hurt him. He just stands there staring at his stepdad. Neither of them speaking. As he is about to walk away he hear his stepdad say, "You lost those alphas already? Doesn't surprise me, couldn't imagine some successful alpha would want to be seen with you." Louis just looks at him with disgust, not planning on wasting his breath on this no good of a man, and starts to walk away.

Suddenly Louis feels a hand wrapped around his wrist, pulling him back. "What do you think you are doing huh?" Louis says angry. His stepdad smirks at him, takes a step closer, and squeezes his shoulder really hard. "You are just a whore, and you should be treated like a whore." He let go of Louis' shoulder with a slight push.

Louis just shakes his head, and walks past him, he sees from the corner of his eyes that his stepdad raises his hand. So Louis turns around and says full of confidence, "If you ever touch me again, I will make sure you will never be able to use your hands again." His stepdad lowers his hand and looks at Louis as if he had grown an extra head. And with his head held high feeling proud he walks out of Starbucks with Niall, leaving his stepdad behind inside.

*---*---*---*---*

The day has finally arrived that Edward will start as the CEO and take place in the office. He had been there most of the days, but that was only to get to know his employees and getting familiar with the office. All the boys were very proud of Edward, and were sure he would make a perfect CEO. Edward was very nervous but determined to be the best CEO as possible. He knew he could do it and the support of his loved ones just boost up his confidence.

The first week was hard. Edward tried to be in the office as much as possible, but the downside of that was that he was early at the office and home late. The others perfectly understood that is wasn't easy for Edward, and support him in all his decisions. He was home for dinner every evening, and they enjoyed each other's company when they were watching a movie of played games.

Despite the fact the Louis understood perfectly that Edward was very busy with the company, he couldn't help but feel neglected by Edward. Of course Harry and Marcel were always there to comfort him, but he missed Edward.

As the weeks progressed Louis got the feeling Edward was avoiding him. Sure he came home after work, but after they ate dinner together, he went upstairs and stayed in his home office. He stayed in there until Louis was asleep, and was gone the morning Louis woke up. Louis' omega was getting restless because it was missing Edward.

Louis also kept smelling that strange odour. He couldn't place it, he didn't know what it was. Since Edward was avoiding him, he got the strange feeling Edward was seeing another omega. And the fact they had seen Marcus at the store, acting strange didn't sit well with Louis. Harry and Marcel told him not to worry, because if Edward would be seeing another omega, they would most definitely smell it, and they would feel it through their bond, if he cheated on them.

With Edward leaving early every morning they didn't have breakfast together anymore. Only dinner. Louis cherished the moments they had together, and since he didn't see Edward that much, he wanted him at breakfast tomorrow.

After dinner Edward was once again cooped up in his office. Louis decided he needed to speak to Edward and went to the office. Once he opened the door that smell hit him again, making him feel nauseous. He pushed the feeling aside, and asked Edward if he would please stay for breakfast tomorrow since Louis missed him so much.

Louis had hoped Edward would push his work aside and focus on him. But Louis soon discovered that was wishful thinking. Edward agreed to have breakfast with him tomorrow, and with that he dismissed him from the office. Louis left the office feeling heartbroken, it almost felt as if he was rejected.