Chapter 2

Clara's POV

Something about her was different, probably the fact that she looked innocent, untouched and pure. Something made me curious about this girl, she felt like a whole new territory waiting to be explored, to be corrupted.. I wanted to be the person to unlock her.

"You are here again," I heard Katherine's voice behind me making me groan in frustration, why was she here? I hated clingy women that thought they could own me. I liked the life of a butterfly, to stand on every flower, feed on their sweet nectar but belong to none. That's what Katherine was, just another flower.

"I am supporting my cousin," I said while gulping down my second glass of whisky, feeling the familiar burn at the back of my throat heightening the rush I was feeling for this girl, sweet Ayleen.

"Marcus been your cousin for ages and you never came here in the middle of the week, you are staring at this girl again," Katherine scoffed, but I couldn't understand why was she still talking? I hated small talk.

"She is beautiful," I answered while pouring myself another glass.

"But not your type, she looks innocent, your type is the femme fatal type, like me," she turned my head making me look at her, she was looking beautiful, no doubt, but not beautiful enough to take the focus from my new fascination.

"She caught my interest, and be careful, don't act like you are not replaceable. I made it clear to you before didn't I?" Growing annoyed, my eyes shifted back onto the stage.

"You just can't wait to break her innocent heart, Clara, this is a game to you."

"It's a fun game," I whispered but she must of heard me as I heard her scowl and walk away, good riddance.

After they finished the song Ayleen approached the table with the rest of the band, her head was down trying to avoid my eyes.

"Beautiful show," I brushed my fingers on the back of her hand feeling her shiver.

"Thanks," she muttered shyly.

"Ayleen is a life saviour, the bar owner is very happy with the new band arrangement, he even asked us to come back.. from now on, we have a show here every Friday and Saturday," George proudly announced.

"A permanent slot?!" Marcus jumped happily while giving him a hug.

"We should celebrate the news," I suggested hoping we could grab a few drinks.

"It is amazing news but I think we need to get home, I can't handle another late night in the middle of the week," Ayleen's words left me disappointed.

"Then let's pack the instruments, since we will not be coming back tomorrow. Do you and Serena have a car? Only me and Edward drive and one car won't be enough for us and the instruments," George explained concerned.

"Serena and I will take the bus," Ayleen answered unphased, but that's when I saw my chance.

"I want to ride with Edward," Serena complained.

"Fine, then I will take the bus."

"That won't work," I quickly joined the conversation. "A beautiful lady like you, alone in the bus, you will ride with me." Smirking at the sight of her reddish cheeks, this was my chance.

"You live on the other side of town, Cla-ouch!" I kicked Marcus under the table, no-one asked him to draw me a map.

"I really dont want to cause you trouble," Ayleen worried for no reason, what an oblivious girl.

"No trouble at all, shall we?" I asked while resting my hand on her forearm but she quickly withdrawn it.. she sure was playing a good game.

"What is wrong with your cousin, is she flirting with my friend?" I heard this Serena whisper to Marcus but chose to ignore her. I was in a good place, luck was on my side.