Part two - Chapter 7

Ayleen's POV

I looked at the scattered pile of musical notes on my desk, attempting to regain my focus and resist the urge to check the time. But, I was failing miserably. The flowers that Clara sends me each day always arrive at 10 am precisely. It was now 10:24, and there was no sign of them.

Perhaps I was too harsh on her yesterday. I should have said a proper thank you. She helped me as a lawyer regardless of what she did to me personally. Moreover, she saved my studio.

Realizing that I wasn't going to accomplish any work that morning, I went to see if Mia wanted to join me for breakfast.

I left my room and approached Mia's office, knocking on the door. In a few seconds, she opened the door with a big grin on her face.

"Hey! I thought you were the sound engineer. I called him to do some checks," she mentioned, skipping back into her office.

Once I entered her room, I spotted a bouquet of white lilies positioned on her desk, pointing at it, puzzled and asked her, "What is this?"

"They're flowers," she shrugged her shoulders.

"I realise they're flowers. Where did you get them?" I asked, trying not to sound too upset. Had Clara sent her my favourite flowers? What was happening?

"I didn't get them. They are yours. Clara sent them as usual," she replied while arranging them in a vase on her desk and sniffing the bouquet.

"If they are mine, why aren't they in my office?" I questioned, becoming more annoyed.

"Don't you mean in your garbage? If it's evident that you don't want them and will throw them away like you do every day, why should I give them to you?" She answered with a smirk.

"I don't care. You can keep them if you want, but you should have asked," I responded while glancing at the flowers, looking to see if there was a card.

"You were waiting for them," she said confidently, catching me off guard.

"I was not!" I cross my arms defensively.

"Ayleen, I am not stupid. I saw how you looked at her yesterday, watched your face when she walked away. You're being stubborn," she moved towards me, resting her hand on my shoulder.

"Why do you care? Do you like her? Is there something going on between both of you?" I asked, removing her hand from my shoulder.

"Ayleen! What are you thinking? Of course not! You know I'm straight, and even if I weren't, you're like a sister to me. I want you to be happy and see the pain that you're putting yourself through," she grabbed my hand tightly and pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry," I whispered into her shoulder, squeezing my hand tightly around hers.

"Why don't you try to talk to her? I'm not saying forgive her, I'm saying hear her out. Blame her, shout at her, let everything out," she gently stroked my hair.

"Forget about Clara. I'm starving. What are we having for breakfast?" I asked, pulling away from the hug and blinking back tears.

"Waffles?" she suggested, bumping my shoulder playfully.

"Always," I smiled at her.

I looked again at the beautiful bouquet, letting out a sigh of relief. Was I relieved that she didn't give up or that she wasn't hurt? Maybe both.

"Are you looking for this?" Mia asked, handing me a card.

I hesitantly took the card from her hand and opened it, gazing at her beautiful handwriting. At least, she took the time to write the card herself, which meant she goes to the flower shop every morning and doesn't call them to spam me with flowers.