Chapter 22

Clara's POV

"This was amazing! He is willing to give us what we need to have a solid case against Ricardo!" Katherine exclaimed excitedly and I clicked my tongue.

"Shhh keep it down! You are naive if you think Ricardo doesn't have men in this jail, he probably already knows we are here," I hissed angrily, mainly annoyed because it took us three hours to finish this meeting and all I wanted was to text Ayleen feeling extremely agitated about the entire thing.

"That's why I picked the guards very carefully, only a select few of them know about this visit, I would never put you in danger Clara," she spoke softly while squeezing my shoulder.

I scoffed, "You already did Kat, right now we are both in danger, but it's too late to back down." I removed her hand and walked out of prison trying to catch a signal on my phone.

Once I finally got it my phone began to buzz uncontrollably, showing the incoming notifications, wasting no time I began to read them one by one.

Ayleen 9:35 am

Hey baby, I landed, I will get my bag and meet my family

Ayleen 10:03 am

Hey, I am on my way home, I missed you

Ayleen 10:35 am

Where are you? Your phone is switched off, are you mad at me? You did not even check if I arrived safely...

Ayleen 10:53 am

I showed my mom our pictures, she thinks you are beautiful

Ayleen 11:09 am

So I called Marcus because I was worried about you.. call me back Clara, we need to talk

"Fuck!" I swore out loud after reading the last text. "Fucking asshole!" I hissed, it was sent almost an hour ago! Marcus will die.

I quickly dialed her number, and with every ring, I felt my heart squeeze in my chest.

"Hello," I heard her voice, it was shaky and raspy, I could tell she was crying.

"Angel! I am glad you arrived safely," I sighed in relief that she answered, there was silence for a few seconds which felt like hours.

"Ayleen, I do not know what Marcus told you but it's all a lie," I quickly added breaking the silence.

"What's a lie? You did not get in this Katherine's car? Isn't this the woman that was with you the first few times we met?" she snapped with growing anger.

"No, I mean yes but I can explain!" I began to panic not knowing how to approach the situation.

"So he is not lying!! You waited one hour after I left to fuck around!!" she was screaming at me, usually, I would have had her on four as a punishment but this was not the time.

"Baby, Angel.. listen to me please, listen.. it is not like that at all, just calm down so I can explain," I pleaded which was not in my nature, the things she made me do.

"You just admitted that you left with her and your phone was switched off! What were you doing??" she continued screaming.

"Clara, where did you disappear to?" I heard Katherine's voice behind me and It was like someone poured cold water over me. I quickly turned around to shut her up, but it was too late.

"Are you fucking serious right now?? Bye, Clara!" That was all she said before I heard the phone beep.

"Fuuuuuckkk!!!" I screamed making Katherine flinch, she took a step back in fear.