Part Two- Chapter 2

Ayleen's POV

I woke up to my bed bouncing up and down, I groaned as I struggled to open my eyes, hearing a cute giggle, I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my lips.

"Mommy told me to wake you up," the adorable 5-year-old said as she threw herself on top of me.

"I know exactly why did she do this," I said as I tickled her and her adorable giggle filled the room.

"I know why too, she always says that you are grumpy when you wake up" she whispered scared that her mom will hear her spill out the secret.

"Oh did she?" I gasped dramatically.

"Yes but don't tell her I told you," she nodded quickly.

"That you told her what?" Mia appeared by my bedroom door already dressed.

"It's a secret between me and Ayleen," she pouted, her cheeks puffed and arms crossed, she had two adorable pigtails reminding me of Boo from monster inc.

"Ayleen and I," her mother corrected as she picked her up and gave her a kiss on her cheeks. "You told me you want to be in the studio by 8," Mia explained looking at me with a sympathetic smile probably because she knew I was working until 3 am yesterday.

"I take it back, let me sleep," I mumbled against my pillow.

"Come on, you will scold me later if I let you sleep in," she said as she walked out of my bedroom carrying Olivia. "Oh, and you have an interview at 5." She snapped her fingers.

"I just arrived two days ago, why did you schedule interviews already?" I asked annoyed, I had to settle in first and I didn't want meaningless work added to my schedule.

"The reporter was rather persistent in meeting you, I didn't want to turn her down and her voice was kinda hot, maybe both of you can.. " she trailed off looking at Olivia and then winking at me.

"Can what mommy?" Olivia asked curiously.

"Can play hide and seek, of course" Mia laughed and I rolled my eyes at her.

I walked to my window staring at the city of NY, I couldn't believe I was back, it's been a long time and a lot has changed since then, for one I was no longer the naive innocent girl I used to be.

I left this place shattered into many pieces but somehow I glued myself back together. But no matter what I did a lot of times I felt like I lost the most important parts, I no longer felt whole. My heart being the main one I never managed to fix. I lost it that night along with many other things, but I didn't need them, I was enough. All I needed was myself, and for once, I was enough.

I got ready and went to the kitchen, watching Mia and Olivia always made me smile, Olivia reminded me so much of my niece, that I was not able to see her as much as I hoped. My family disowned me once I confessed the truth about me and Clara, I told them my story in search of comfort but they never embraced me, and it took my mother and my sister-in-law three years to reach out again, behind my father's and brother's back.

I was not sure I could ever forgive my mother and my sister-in-law for turning their back on me but I welcomed them back into my life, at least for my niece, we met once a month whenever we could.

My mother told me they would come around one day but the truth is, I did not care, the damage they left in me was already done and there was nothing they could do to fix it.

"You are one lazy boss," Mia joked as I walked into the kitchen.

Mia started working for me 2 years ago, she became more than just my secretary, she became my best friend, and was the first person I let close to me after my fallout with Serena.