Chapter 21

Ayleen's POV

"Do you really really have to go?" Clara groaned as she carried her bags to the departure terminal.

"Do I really really have to see my family? Yes Miss Alcaraz, I really do." Giggling I poked her arm. I found her tiny tantrum adorable but I'd never say that out loud, I was not in the mood to receive a spanking in the middle of the airport.

"Fine I guess," she mumbled while putting the bags down and turning around to face me.  

"I'll see you on Monday, it's literally a weekend away," I reassured but my smile disappeared the moment I noticed she was genuinely upset. "What's wrong baby?" I asked worriedly as I rested my hand on her forearm.

"I will miss you and I guess I was hoping you would miss me too.. a weekend is a long time," she clicked her tongue and looked away angrily.

"Hey, look at me," I called and cupped her face, locking my eyes with hers. "Of course I'll miss you, a lot, I am only excited to see my family but one thing does not cancel the other, I am both excited and sad," I explained truthfully not wanting to part away. 

"Fair enough," she rolled her eyes and grunted before she pulled me into a tight hug and planted soft kisses all over my face.

"And listen here ma'am, you better behave while I am away." I put my finger up trying my best to look serious but I quickly withdrew my finger and hid my hand behind my back when she stared me down.

"I will behave, I will be thinking about you," she did her best to sound romantic and sweet but it didn't last for more than a second when she continued, "Especially late at night with my hands in my pants," she said while biting her lower lip. 

"Couldn't just leave it at the first half and made me believe you are a hopeless romantic?" I chuckled and playfully rolled my eyes at her silliness. 

"No, nope, never.. now go or I will carry you over my shoulder and take you home," she tried to spank my ass but my reflex was quicker as I moved out of the way. She gave me a look of anger, but I blew her a kiss and ran inside the airport. 

"You will regret this when you are back, Angel" I heard her say before the automated doors shut behind me.

The entire flight I had her on my mind, I was happy that she followed me home, even though her words hurt me, the fact that she followed me right away made me feel like she really cared. I guess in her own way she was trying for me and it was making me feel content giving me the reassurance I needed.

As soon as the plane landed I texted her that I am safe and on my way to my family's farm, but I received no answer. I tried to call but it went straight to voice mail, it made my stomach sink for a minute but I decided to push my intrusive thoughts aside reminding myself that she could be in court.

Deciding to focus on my family, it was pure joy to see them after all this time, most importantly my niece lily who everyone always said was a spitting image of mine.

Once I settled in and unpacked, I took some time to sit down with mom and told her all about New York. I rambled for a while about the university and my new job. She listened with a smile on her face, which led to me telling her about my trip to Greenport, and showing her all the pictures from the trip. 

"Wow what a beautiful place," my mother said as she watched them carefully. 

"It was, it was a very calming trip," I said excitedly swiping on my phone and showing her the rest of the pictures until we reached a picture with George, Marcus, Clara, and me. 

I gulped nervously as all I could see were Clara's arms resting around my waist, and quickly swiped to a different picture.

"Wait, are they your friends?" My mom snatched the phone out of my hands.