Chapter 16

Clara's POV

This week can not pass any slower, being with her yesterday did not quench my need for her, I wanted more, I needed more.. things with her were so different, not only because of how I felt, but also because usually, I was the one being pursued by women, putting that much effort for someone was something I was not used to. It wasn't a bad thing, but I never felt starved of someone's affection.

I picked up the phone to invite her over for dinner, maybe this would be the way to spend some time with her. 

After a few seconds, her angelic voice finally answered, "Hey Miss Alcaraz." 

"Meet me for dinner," I said shortly. 

"Hello to you too, I am fine, thanks for asking. How are you, baby?"

"Meet me for dinner."

"I can't, I have an exam tomorrow..."  

"Don't you miss me?"

"Don't be ridiculous, of course I miss you, but you are always in court when I am free and by night when you are free, I have to study.. Speaking of which, how was the court today?"

Sighing I answered her question, "It was okay.. we managed to prove the stronger case, he is behind bars as he should be."

"I am proud of you," she said warmly and I took a second to take it in.  

"No one ever said that to me before," I told her truthfully. 

"You should get used to hearing it from me then," she chuckled. 

"I want to hear you saying other things too.."

"Naughty! I promise I'll make it up to you this weekend." 

Having many inappropriate images in my head I told her with a smirk, "You do not know what you are promising me, Miss Hart."

"I'll take my chances, Miss Alcaraz."

"At Least send me a picture.. I miss you."

"Aww, that's cute, I'll send you a picture baby, of course." 

"Naked," I quickly added.

"Clara!!! I should have known!" she gasped. 

"But.."

"Bye! Pervert!"

I groaned. A knock on my door took me out of my thoughts about Ayleen and everything I will do to her this weekend. 

"I can't believe the case is over," Marcus said as he threw his body on the chair.

"Maybe now you will be less tensed with everyone, especially George," I told him.  

"Ah let it go, he is fine.. We have a show this Friday in another bar, it's a one-time gig, then we can all leave together to Greenport the next morning."

"Okay.. listen, you didn't invite Serena and Edward, did you?" I asked worriedly.

"No, don't worry, you will get your time with Ayleen," he said sarcastically.

I guess I just had to push through the next couple of days, it's almost Friday, I can do this. 

Ayleen's POV

"Greenport?" Serena curiously questioned. 

"Yea, after the show tonight, I am leaving with George and Marcus." I chose not to mention Clara's presence. 

"Weird.. they didn't invite me or Edward," she muttered displeased. 

"Oh, they just invited me yesterday at the rehearsal. You and Edward weren't around so I guess it must have slipped their mind."