6.

it was now december, and the two girls had gotten even closer. they were both secretly questioning if they only wanted a platonic relationship with one another, but were too afraid to admit it.

taylor had been seeing a lot of posts shipping the two, saying that they were 'obviously dating'. she decided that she had enough of the dms saying how cute her and nova would be as a couple.

@taylorswift13
As my 25th birthday present from the media, I'd like for you to stop accusing all my friends of dating me. #thirsty
08/12/2014

nova walked over to taylor, while she was on the couch watching television. "hey, i saw your post. was it about me?" nova asked the blonde, sitting next to her.

"yes, but also just in general. the internet has said i have been dating almost all of my friends i've been seen in public with." taylor answered. nova nodded, looking at the tv.

taylor was watching friends once again. it was one of her favorite shows to watch in her free time. with meredith in her lap and olivia next to her, nothing could go wrong.

that's when tree called taylor. the blonde looked over to nova and rolled her eyes while her phone rang. she answered the phone and put it on speaker.

"what were you thinking?" the redhead asked. "that tweet is going to blow up and i'm not going to be taking the heat for it. i'm sorry taylor, but you can't control what the internet thinks!"

"i know, tree. i just needed to address it because it was getting out of hand." the conversation continued with a lot of back and forth between the two before taylor hung up.

"do you think i made a mistake posting that, nova?" taylor asked the brunette. "no. i think you did what you had to do, and i also think you are in the right. nobody should be talking about your love life."

"if you want," nova continued. "i could post something as well. i think it would really share the message to your fans that we don't want people theorizing over if our relationship is romantic or not."

taylor shook her head slightly. "i wouldn't want you to get hate for posting something like that. that's not what you signed up for." nova nodded, understanding where taylor was coming from.

nova was looking at taylor, really taking in her beauty for the first time. that's when she got the courage to talk to taylor about her feelings.

"tay, i actually have something i want to talk to you about. i've been trying not to think about it, but that's pretty difficult." taylor looked over to the shorter girl, pushing her to go on.

"i think i might like you." nova said. taylor's eyes widened the slightest in shock, but she didn't say anything. "it's completely fine if you don't feel the same way, i don't even know if i actually feel that way about you and i-"

taylor cut her off with a quick kiss to her lips. "oh my goodness, i'm so sorry!" taylor quickly apologized. "i have no idea why i did that, i'm so so so sorry!"

taylor started hyperventilating, chanting apologies while novas eyes were widened and her jaw was dropped.

"it's- it's okay..." nova hesitated, patting taylor on the shoulder. she was unsure of what to do to comfort the blonde. "no it's- it is not okay! don't say that it is okay because it's not! i have no idea why i just did that, oh my gosh."

"taylor calm down!" nova snapped slightly to get the blondes attention. "you are completely fine!" taylor nodded quickly.

"so what are we going to do?" taylor asked. "well, we could sleep on it?" nova suggested hesitantly. "or we could talk more about it right now."

taylor hugged nova, and hid her face in the shorter girls shoulder. "let's just sleep on it, is that okay?" nova nodded, getting up and walking to her bedroom.

taylor followed the brunette, and nova turned around, wondering why the older woman was following her to her room. "i was just wondering," taylor started. "could we have a sleepover tonight?"

nova chuckled, motioning for taylor to continue into her room. she turned on her nightlight and turned off the light. as taylor tucked herself in, nova climbed into the bed next to her.

"alright let's just sleep on it then." the blonde said. "would you rather talk about it right now while we're in bed?" nova asked. taylor nodded and turned towards nova.

"so, do we want to make it official," taylor started. "or do we want to just continue being friends who both have romantic feelings for each other?" nova chuckled, wrapping her arms around the blonde.

"do you want to make it official?" she asked. taylor nodded slowly, then said, "if it's alright with you, i would love to be your girlfriend, nova."

nova nodded into the blondes shoulder. "so it's official. we are dating."

"yep. it's ironic, since i just tweeted for people to stop accusing me of dating you." taylor said, and nova chuckled slightly. "we can have tree over tomorrow to talk about the finer details with the press and everything." taylor informed the brunette.

"that sounds good, my love." nova responded sleepily. "goodnight, taylor."

taylor placed a soft kiss on the younger woman's head. "goodnight nova."