21.

thank you so much for 5k+ reads?! this is crazy and i never thought i would even get to 1k. i love you all, stay safe <33

nova had flown from new york to los angeles. why? she honestly couldn't tell you.

the brunette just wanted to take a spontaneous trip to california.

she had grown up in southern california, so maybe she just wanted a rush of nostalgia.

she had to fly in a public plane and not taylor's private jet, since taylor said she needed to use her jet for somethings else.

thankfully, nobody at the airport, nor on the plane recognized her, so it was easy to get on the plane and sleep without any kind of stress.

well, other than worrying about how taylor would be doing without her. and what she would do without the blonde.

if she wanted to, she could've stayed in new york. but she didn't. it wasn't too late to just decide to fly back, but she didn't want to. she really did want to go to new york and see some of her old friends.

once the plane landed, she was already frustrated with the car traffic. of course, new york city had traffic as well, but southern california was a whole different feeling.

nova was trying really hard not to honk her horn at cars and flip them off, and she was struggling.

she let out a frustrated yell, placing her head in her hands. the car she had rented hadn't moved in half an hour, and she thought she would never make it to her friend, melissa's, house in time.

suddenly, her phone started to ring. nova picked it up, seeing her girlfriends contact pop up.

she quickly answered the call, groaning because the car still hadn't moved.

"what's up, honey?" nova asked, looking back up at the cars in front of her.

"oh, well i think i should be asking you that. is it the traffic?" taylor chuckled, placing her phone on their new york apartment counter to feed the cats.

"yes! i don't have any idea how my parents lived here for so long, and how i decided to stay until i was twenty two years old!"

the blonde shook her head softly, hearing the frustration through the phone. "that was only a year ago."

"i know. i wish you were here with me." nova said, frowning.

"but then again, i'm glad you aren't here because i wouldn't wish this torturous traffic upon even my worst enemy."

taylor laughed, picking up her phone and walking to the couch.

"well, i hope you know that i miss you, and that if i'm being honest, i wish i was there with you." taylor said softly.

nova felt tears prick her eyes suddenly, but quickly sniffed her nose and wiped her eyes.

"are you about to cry?" taylor asked incredulously over her phone.

the brunette leaned her head back on the car seat, closing her eyes.

"yes. no- maybe. i don't know! i'm just so overwhelmed and my car still hasn't moved!" nova exclaimed, and her girlfriend back in new york tried not to laugh.

"okay, okay. it's fine. i'm not judging you for crying, baby." the blonde tried telling her girlfriend, but nova wasn't listening.

"i was supposed to meet melissa two hours ago! this is absurd." the brunette whispered.

"oh my gosh!" taylor suddenly yelled, startling nova.

"what, you crazy woman?" nova asked, and she could hear taylor moving around, and shuffling her keys.

"i have to go! i'm so sorry, baby, i love you so much. mwah, mwah, mwah! good luck baby-" taylor hung up the phone, just confusing the brunette even more.

"what just happened?"

a few hours later, nova had, finally, arrived at her friends house, and she was brought into a tight hug.

"oh, nova!" melissa squeeled, her naturally ginger hair just barely meeting her shoulders.

"hi, mel!" nova greeted her, accepting the hug gratefully.

"how's everything over in new york?" melissa asked, and nova started explaining how everything was going for her, and mentioned that she had begun dating someone.

"ooh, give me all of the deets! who's the guy, what's his name?" melissa was quick to ask many questions, overwhelming nova.

"i can't tell you too much, but she's famous." nova said cautiously.

nova didn't think melissa was homophobic, but she had never specifically said otherwise, so nova, honestly, prepared for the worst.

"she?" melissa murmured, scaring nova.

the brunette nodded carefully, and melissa smiled.

"that's amazing! i'm happy for you. i also have some news, but why don't we eat first? i ordered pizza."

the two woman made their way to the kitchen that nova hadn't been inside of since she was just a kid, but remembered all too well.

melissa grabbed the pizza box and brought it to the table. the ginger sat down, but nova made herself comfortable and went to the fridge to look for a drink.

she saw a bottle of wine, completely unopened, and grabbed it, turning around.

"hey, can we have some of this?" the brunette asked. melissa smiled, looking over at her.

"i actually bought it just for you, so you can have a glass." nova furrowed her eyebrows before responding. "do you want some?"

melissa shook her head. "no, i'm fine. you go ahead though."

after a few drinks and slices of pizza, nova was tipsy and the two woman were laughing their heads off.

"okay, okay, let's calm down." melissa said, breathing to try controlling her laughter. nova looked the ginger woman straight in the eyes with a stone cold face, and that just caused laughter to erupt out of both of them again.

"i'm serious nova!" melissa laughed.

"okay, okay i'm calm. what were you going to tell me earlier?"

"it's really important, so please don't freak out, okay?" melissa stood up and walked to the living room that connected to where they had been sitting before.

"oh, okay." nova whispered, following her friend.

"alright, please don't get mad or anything, okay?" melissa made sure that nova wasn't going to be upset.

"are you okay?" the brunette was becoming concerned. "like- are you sick?"

suddenly the color drained out of novas face. "did the cancer come back?" nova asked quietly, scared of the answer.

"what? no!" melissa's eyes widened, not meaning to scare her best friend.

"oh my goodness." she sighed with relief. "what is it then? why would i get mad-"

"i'm pregnant, nova."