33.

haven't updated in a hot minute...

nova looked in the mirror of her and taylor's bathroom, trying to decide which shirt to wear to the baby shower and gender reveal her parents had planned.

her brother, rome, was not able to attend, because he was in india for his honeymoon.

nova had continuously shown taylor the pictures rome had been posting on instagram, trying to convince her to visit there with her once the baby was born.

"come on, tay! let's move to india." nova squealed, laying in the bed with her fiancé.

"what about our families? we'll move to india forever? i don't think we can just leave, babe."

nova turned, trying to look at herself from another angle in the mirror. now that she was showing a lot more, and was about four and a half months pregnant, her clothes were beginning to not fit her.

her pants had stopped buttoning about a week before, but now she felt as if she were tearing her shirts as soon as she brought them over her head.

suddenly, taylor peaked her head into the bathroom, smiling at her fiancés expression.

nova rolled her eyes. "what?"

"you just look so beautiful." taylor said, walking towards the brunette and putting her palms onto her pregnancy belly from behind.

"i don't know," nova sighed. "i feel... fat."

taylor laughed. an actual, audible laugh. "babe, you're pregnant. you are quite literally carrying another human inside of your stomach. of course you're going to be a little bigger, but that's a good thing. if you weren't gaining weight, i would be concerned."

"its technically my uterus." nova muttered underneath her breath, and taylor lightly hit her arm.

nova nodded. "are you excited to tell our families the gender tonight?"

"well," taylor pursed her lips. "i may or may not have already told my mom what it is..."

"tay!" the brunettes eyes widened, turning around to face the blonde. "that defeats the purpose of a gender reveal if they already know the gender."

"i know, but it's my mom. i'm sorry, i will make sure not to tell anyone else." taylor promised, but nova knew that, even though the reveal was tonight, a few more people would learn the gender from taylor.

by that night, there was plenty of food, balloons, and a long table filled with gifts. secretly, nova hoped most of them were for her, not the baby.

it was finally time to reveal the gender, and taylors idea was to have a piñata and all of the candy would be the color of the gender. for example, if it were a girl, strawberry and cherry flavored candy, and for a boy, blue raspberry and blueberry flavors.

everyone who attended were going to get in a line and hit the piñata until it bursted. the first person was novas dad, then novas mom, then taylor's mom, then taylor's dad, and then some of their cousins and other family members hit the piñata.

it was finally taylor's turn to hit the piñata, and to everyone's surprise, it hadn't broken yet.

taylor seemed intent on being the one to break the piñata, because by the time she took her second swing, it was already falling apart.

the blonde hit it again, and candy fell to the floor.

"wait, i don't get it." taylor's father, scott, said.

taylor went over to nova, hugging her from the side and jumping up and down with excitement.

"it's twins!"