32.

nova had her first appointment as a pregnant woman today, and taylor seemed even more nervous that nova.

"calm down, tay. everything is going to be fine," nova comforted the blonde, rubbing her palm up and down her back. "i know this waiting room is stressing you out, but we're going to go in there and hopefully see our baby for the first time."

taylor nodded, grabbing onto her fiancés hand and holding it. novas words calmed her slightly, and she knew that she was supposed to be the one comforting nova, not the other way around.

nova saw the anxiety still in taylor's eyes, so she decided to talk. "i told my mom about the pregnancy. i told her over a call, and she was upset i didn't wait to tell her in person,"

nova chuckled, thinking back to the phone call she had with her mother. "she made me show her the bump, even though there's nothing to even see."

at that, taylor laughed. it seemed like something carmen, novas mother, would do.

"nova? nova-" a nurse called out, cutting herself off as she saw the couple stand up. the ginger nurse stood in awe for a moment, her eyes wide.

"c-come on in, doctor kara is ready for you."

nova followed the nurse, who seemed to be holding herself back from asking for a picture.

the two women were brought into a room with a medical bed and two chairs. taylor sat down in a chair, and nova sat on the bed.

taylor grabbed novas hand softly, squeezing it. "remember, everything is going to be fine."

taylor meant the words to be for the woman on the bed, but they were also for herself.

as the doctor walked in the room, she put hand sanitizer on her hands. she came and sat down in the chair across from taylor.

"good afternoon, women," doctor kara smiled. "are you ready to see your baby?"

nova nodded, and taylor was frozen. a few moments later, she realized both nova and the doctor were looking at her expectantly.

"oh," she said, her eyes widening. "yes, i think that we're ready."

the doctor nodded. "okay, nova, this is going to be a bit cold."

she started putting some sort of gel on novas stomach, and nova flinched slightly before relaxing.

taylor continued holding her fiancés hand, comforting her. nova smiled up at taylor.

"i'm so glad that you're the one i'm having my firsts child with," taylor said, smiling.

nova was slightly confused. "what, like, just because? or did you have a pregnancy scare?"

taylor leaned in to kiss her fiancé on the forehead. "i'll tell you in the car," she whispered.

"well, i sure am glad that i'm having a baby with you," nova stated. "i'm more in love with you than i've ever been with anybody before."

taylor squinted her eyes in disbelief, going to say something when she was interrupted by the doctor.

"alright, i see your baby, do you want to see it?" the doctor looked over at the two women. nova nodded, and as the doctor turned the screen, nova started to tear up.

she looked over at her fiancé, who had tears pooling in her eyes as well.

"oh, tay," nova laughed, wiping away the blondes tears. "i hope those are tears of happiness."

"for my baby? of course." taylor smiled.

doctor kara looked back over at the women before speaking. "would you both like to hear the heartbeat?"

taylor nodded, for once, very eagerly. nova did as well, and soon, the audio rang throughout the entire room. it was enough to make nova officially cry.

they got to get an ultrasound printed out, and at their next appointment they were going to, hopefully, find out the baby's gender.

once nova got into the car, she immediately looked over at taylor.

"okay, i might be looking too much into things, but when you said you were glad i was having your first child, was there any kind of secret meaning behind those words?"

taylor looked over at nova, frowning. "yeah,"

nova nodded, curious, but not wanting to push her fiancé.

"i-" taylor started, before choking on a sob that was threatening to come out of her mouth. "about a year into my relationship with adam, or calvin, i got pregnant."

novas eyes widened, but she quickly tried to disguise it, nodding.

"i ended up having a miscarriage at about the eleven week mark, and you're seven weeks along, and i mean, the weeks are going by so fast and-"

taylor took a deep breath, trying to compose herself.

"i'm just extremely worried that what happened to me might happen to you too. and i would never wish that kind of loss upon anybody."

nova nodded. "i'm so sorry, tay, if there were anything i could do-"

taylor quickly cut the woman off. "well, there isn't anything you can do, could've done, nothing. that child might be gone, but i will do everything to make sure that we don't lose this one."

nova nodded, understanding where taylor was coming from. it was obviously a sore subject for taylor to talk about, so she decided to not push any more.

as taylor started driving, she looked over at her brunette fiancé.

"i'm sorry for snapping at you," she whispered, looking back at the road. "i mean, it's a soft subject for me to talk about, but that doesn't give me the right to talk that way towards you."

nova nodded. "i know, tay. it's just hard all around, for everyone, and i wish you could try not to think about your miscarriage. i love you, and i know that you're probably still feeling different emotions from what happened, but this baby is going to make it. you know why?"

taylor shook her head softly, and nova took a deep breath to continue. "because im trying so hard to just stay positive. and that's all i can do. and if something bad does happen, i know that at least i couldn't have done anything different."

taylor nodded, keeping her eyes in the road.

they were silent the rest of the drive.