14.

soon after nova left to go to the store, taylor had gotten out of bed and decided to make some food for when nova came back.

she was planning on making a simple pasta dish, making her own alfredo sauce. she usually used milk, butter, garlic, and parmesan cheese for the sauce, but she soon realized they were completely out of milk.

she put water in a pot, and began boiling it before texting her girlfriend that if she were still at the store, to please pick up milk.

as the water started to boil, taylor put fettuccini pasta into the pot, and began cooking it.

her phone soon had a notification, a text from nova saying she had already left the store and would be home soon.

taylor went back to cooking the pasta, and once it was completely boiled, she went to sit on the couch.

the blonde woman turned on the tv, putting on one of her favorite shows, greys anatomy.

about five minutes had gone by with taylor watching her show, when she realized that nova was taking a while to get home.

the store wasn't very far away, and she went to grab her phone when it dinged, signaling that nova had texted her.

she looked at her phone and was instantly confused by what the text read, "help".

she quickly texted back, asking what happened. she called her girlfriends phone many times, each time leaving the blonde on voicemail.

"baby, please answer the phone. i don't know what happened, but i'm really worried." taylor exclaimed, leaving yet another voice mail.

she started pacing the room, still holding her phone.

her phone began ringing, and she looked at the contact quickly, seeing that it was novas phone.

she answered, almost instantly rambling to the woman.

"nova! what happened? you nearly gave me a heart attack baby, you can't just text me 'help' and not-"

the blonde was cut off by what sounded like a man's voice. "ma'am, this is john from the new york city police department."

before taylor was able to say anything, the man continued. "you were her emergency contact on her phone, so that is why we called you. nova has been in a car accident, and we will be taking her to the hospital soon."

"oh- okay i will be there as soon as i can." taylor responded, instantly standing up and rushing out of the door.

the woman quickly got into her car and drove to the nearest hospital that they would be taking her girlfriend to.

she was in such a rush that she had forgotten to put on sunglasses or a hoodie, but at the time she didn't care. she just needed to get to the hospital fast.

taylor got into the car and drove herself to the hospital, not caring to wait for a driver.

on the way to the hospital, she called andrea. "hey, honey. what are you-" the older woman answered the phone almost immediately, just to be cut off by her daughters sobs.

"i- nova is in the hospital. i don't know how bad it is, but can you watch the cats?" taylor said, trying not to sob loudly.

her mother agreed, and said that if the two women needed anything else, that she was there. she asked taylor to call her right back once she had information on how nova was doing.

once taylor had arrived at the hospital, she hung up with her mom and walked inside.

"hello, what can i do for you today?" the kind looking receptionist asked, seeing a frantic taylor walking through the doors.

"uhm, i'm looking for nova becerra? she got into a car accident and i came as soon as i could." taylor responded, looking around the room.

some people in the waiting room were looking at taylor, obviously recognizing her, while others were taking pictures and an older couple stayed looking down at a magazine.

"okay, nova is in this hospital, what is your relation to her?" the receptionist continued, looking up from her computer screen.

taylor didn't want to say that she was novas girlfriend, because of people recording, so she simply responded saying that the two were best friends.

"okay, nova will be in room 619 to your right." taylor nodded, walking over to the room that nova was supposedly in.

as soon as she saw the door with the number 619 on it, she walked inside, seeing nova laying on a hospital bed, unconscious.

"oh my goodness!" taylor exclaimed, instantly covering her mouth with her hand to hide the sobs coming out of it.

the blonde walked over to the bed, sitting down. she took novas hand and placed a soft kiss on it.

a few moments later, taylor had tears streaming down her face. "oh, baby. i'm so, so, so sorry i wasn't there with you."

as she was trying to calm herself down, she heard three knocks on the door. she looked up, seeing a male doctor with a clipboard in his arms.

taylor wiped the tears from her face, gesturing to the seat across from her.

"so, she's still not awake, i see." the doctor said, sitting down. "well, that's not too concerning, seeing as how bad the accident was."

"so, what happened? is she going to be okay?" taylor said quickly, worried about her girlfriend.

"two of her ribs are broken, and she has an oblique fracture in her arm, it will take about eight weeks to heal, while her ribs will heal themselves and will only take about six weeks." the doctor explained to taylor.

"she also has a mild concussion, but at this point, i think that is the least of our worries in terms of injuries." he finished, looking at taylor.

she had started sobbing again, feeling terrible for her girlfriend. what if she hadn't texted her to get milk? was that why nova got in the crash? because she was distracted?

the doctor saw the look on the blondes face, and wanted to clear it up. "and if you're wondering, the crash wasn't novas or your fault whatsoever, a drunk driver t-boned her, so don't blame yourself."

a few hours later, nova opened her eyes, groaning slightly at the brightness. "hey, baby." taylor cooed, looking at her girlfriend.

the brunette just groaned in response, closing her eyes again. "it's okay, you can go back to sleep now." taylor said, running her hands down novas face, pushing her brown hair back.