15.

it was only about a week later and taylor's tour for 1989 was coming up fast. since nova was still healing, it was going to be hard for the woman to travel a lot along with her girlfriend, but she insisted on coming with her.

"i will be fine, trust me. even if i just sit in the dressing room and watch you from the television, i still want to be there to support you." nova explained to taylor.

taylor was really worried about the brunette. she was worried about how traveling would effect her healing process, and was also worried for her to get even more injured.

"okay, you can come if you would like, but i would prefer you just stay in the apartment and maybe go to just one show." taylor told nova.

"i'm coming," nova said strictly, earning a groan from taylor. "taylor! i will be fine, i really want to come."

"okay, i cannot control if you come or not, but just make sure to be safe." the blonde replied, standing up.

"where are you going?" nova asked, being careful not to move too much because of her ribs and cast on her arm.

"i'm just going to the bathroom." taylor snapped slightly, and nova raised her eyebrows, confused.

"what's wrong, baby?" the brunette asked, referring to the taller woman's tone.

"nothing is wrong. i just need to use the restroom, stay here." she responded, walking towards the bathroom.

once taylor got to the bathroom, she covered her mouth, choking back a sob.

she wasn't able to hold it in anymore, so soon enough, she was sobbing loudly, knowing at this point nova would be able to hear her.

since nova was still injured and practically bed-ridden, taylor didn't expect nova to be able to do anything about her sobbing.

but, like most often, she was surprised by the brunette.

"honey?" taylor heard nova ask through the door. she quickly quieted herself and wiped her tears before opening the door to see nova, looking pale and using the wall to support her entire body weight.

"oh my goodness, nova what are you doing?" taylor exclaimed, instantly pulling nova into her arms.

"you were crying, i needed to check on you." she replied, gladly leaning herself onto taylor.

"how did you even-" the blonde started, before being cut off by nova. "i crawled, but in hindsight, i definitely should have stayed on the couch."

nova chuckled lightly, trying to cover up her pain, but her and taylor slowly slid to the floor.

"why were you crying?" the brunette asked, sitting down against the wall.

"i just- im overwhelmed with the tour and i am just upset that you have to be injured and-" taylor began ranting to her girlfriend, then being brought into her embrace.

nova shushed taylor comforting, hugging the blonde. taylor squeezed a little tighter than nova could handle, causing nova to let out a quiet squeak noise.

"sorry," taylor said, before going back into the hug.

a few hours later, nova was writing something while taylor was making dinner.

"what are you writing?" taylor asked from the kitchen, looking back and seeing nova sitting down.

"oh, it's just some song lyrics i had thought of, and i'm writing them down so i don't forget."

taylor was intrigued, so the blonde instantly turned off the stove and sat next to her girlfriend.

"do you have a title yet?" she asked nova, sitting down.

"oh, uhm, yeah. i was thinking of naming it 'memories', and i already have most of the lyrics done." the brunette responded, looking up at taylor.

"oh, what is it about?" taylor looked over at novas notebook, seeing the page covered in lyrics and small notes to the side.

"it's basically about trying to move on from your ex, but they're making it hard because they keep showing up." the shorter woman explained, handing taylor the notebook.

"oh wow." taylor whispered, looking at and analyzing the lyrics. "this is really good, nova!"

"thank you, tay! i'm actually thinking of signing with a company, republic records. i'm hoping that once i get a few more songs completely finished, i will be able to."

"that sounds great. if you need me to help at all, with literally anything, i'm here." taylor expressed, pressing a soft kiss onto the brunettes cheek.

nova nodded, smiling, before going back to writing. a few moments later, nova lifted her head up and looked at the woman beside her.

"what were you cooking?" she asked, as taylor made eye contact with her.

"oh! i was just boiling some chicken, i was hoping to make rice with it as well." taylor replied kindly.

nova smirked, before looking down at the paper in her hand again. "what was that?" taylor chuckled, softly pulling novas face up with her finger.

"i just got reminded of something i wanted to ask you something, but it's fine." nova responded, still smirking slightly.

"what were you going to ask me?" the blonde asked, her eyebrows raising a bit.

"i was just wondering, obviously we would have to look into it more, but i was hoping that after your tour and everything, maybe, we could get a kitten?" nova asked cheekily, smiling.

taylor's eyes widened, surprised that was what the brunette asked. "well, i think it's a good idea, and i would love to, but i think we should just go with the flow."

"yeah, of course." nova agreed, nodding her head.

nova went back to writing, and about an hour later they had both finished eating and were now laying in bed together.

the two women were scrolling on their phones when nova suddenly sat up.

"oh my gosh!" the brunette exclaimed, confusing taylor.

"what, nova?" taylor asked, chuckling slightly at her girlfriends behavior.

"okay, two things, one, the first show of your tour is in less than a week! and secondly, a paparazzi photo of us from, like, three months ago just got leaked." nova ranted, beginning to pace the room.

"hey, it's okay. are the fans speculating or anything?" taylor asked, standing up and trying to calm down the other woman.

"well, yes, they are, but nobody even knows who i am so they came up with the name 'callie' for me! everybody is calling me callie!"

"nova, it is completely fine. we are fine. and, you're right, nobody knows who you are. so there isn't much to worry about." taylor said calmly, attempting to calm nova down.

"okay, okay." nova whispered, taking deep breaths. "nothing bad can come out of this, right? they will just assume that i'm your new friend."

"that's right. let's lay back down, alright? i'm super tired and i need this sleep to prepare for the tour." the woman chuckled, laying back down.

"goodnight, tay." the brunette rolled over, facing the blonde.

"goodnight, nova."