24.

AN: hey! i have been feeling super unmotivated because this entire chapter got deleted and i had to rewrite it, but here it is! i hope you enjoy reading.

"hey nova, what kind of music should we have at the wedding?" taylor asked, walking into the kitchen.

nova had her back facing the woman, since she was making pancakes for breakfast.

"baby, the wedding isn't going to be for a while, maybe we should just go with the flow until we actually start planning." nova suggested.

the brunette was already feeling stressed out with everything. 'everything' being her album coming out in a little over a month.

she still needed to do some finishing touches on it before it was ready to be out in the world, which she hadn't gotten to yet.

"ooh! what if we had our honeymoon on the beach?" taylor continued, scrolling on her phone.

"can you look up some beaches we could visit?" taylor asked nova, who was still busy making dinner.

since nova was already stressed out, taylor wasn't really helping.

"sure." nova answered shortly before picking up her phone and searching.

"oh, that's weird." she said, furrowing her eyebrows.

taylor hummed in question, her full attention on her fiancé.

"it says that tree has been calling me all morning. she said she'll be here in about three hours."

"oh, okay. did she say why she's coming on such short notice?" taylor asked, standing up.

"nope." nova said, popping the 'p' and going back to cooking pancakes.

once the pancakes were finished and the two women had finished eating, nova tried taking a hot bubble bath to calm herself before her fiancés publicist arrived.

nova was on her phone in the bath, which she knew probably wasn't a good idea, but she could always just buy a new phone if anything happened to hers.

suddenly, taylor came into the bathroom without knocking.

"hey, what ever happened to knocking?" the brunette joked lightly, seeing taylor looking around the bathroom frantically.

"where is my hairbrush? i have been looking for it everywhere and i can't find it." taylor said quickly, scrambling through the drawers.

"try that one?" nova suggested, pointing to a cabinet.

taylor opened it up, and the first thing she saw was her brush.

"oh thank goodness. i look like a mess, don't i?" she asked nova, who shrugged.

"you look exactly how you do every saturday morning. absolutely beautiful." nova smiled, looking up at the older woman.

"thank you, baby. tree is going to be here any minute, so i would hurry up."

nova opened her mouth to say something, but before she was able to, taylor was already out the door.

nova finished up her bath quicker than she had liked, and was getting dressed when taylor came into the room without knocking, again.

"oh my gosh! do you not have any idea what knocking is?" nova asked, eyes wide and her clothes in her hands.

"i'm sorry! i need to get socks." taylor whispered sincerely, walking over to their dresser.

"socks? why on earth would you need socks for a meeting with your publicist? it's going to be, like, twenty minutes." the shorter girl asked, but was answered with silence.

"okay, thank you. i love you," taylor kissed the woman next to her quickly, "now i have to go wait for tree."

"okay," nova said in a confused tone. "i'll be out in a minute!"

nova got dressed and went out of the bedroom to see taylor sitting down across from her publicist.

the blonde was in near tears when nova sat next to her. taylor looked over at the older woman and took her hand and held it.

as they listened to tree talk, nova tried not to get upset for taylor's sake. she felt angry. but more than that, the brunette felt betrayed, sad, and just absolute anger.

"kim and kanye leaked a phone call between you and him-" the red head began talking, but taylor interrupted her.

"it- this doesn't make sense. i never had that conversation with him. all i said was that i didn't want that line in the song, along with many other misogynistic lines that puts down all women."

taylor took a deep breath before continuing.

"not only that, but i never knew he was going to put the line about making me famous. and it's- he didn't just do that, he called me a bitch and made me feel objectified!"

nova looked over at the blonde who was trying to stay strong, and squeezed her hand.

"look, i know you didn't. this isn't your fault, taylor. all i'm saying is that the public doesn't know what i know. for all they know, this is real and you are the villain."

tree looked at her client with sympathy before leaning over and grabbing a small stack of files.

"if you need anything else, all of the other information on what kim and kanye had posted is in here. take care of yourself, taylor."

nova looked at tree with a knowing look before tree excused herself out of the apartment.

taylor got up out of her seat quickly, then running to the bedroom.

she shut the door, but nova doubted that it was locked.

nova got up and walked over to the door of their bedroom, before knocking.

she could hear taylor's sobs from inside of the room, and she didn't know if the blonde wanted to be alone or not.

"can you just leave me alone for a minute?" taylor tried sounding like she wasn't crying, but nova knew she was.

respecting her fiancés wishes, she walked away from the door.

she went into the kitchen and decided that she wanted to bake cookies for whenever taylor felt a bit better.

about an hour later, nova tried knocking on the door again, but taylor didn't answer.

"taylor, can i come in?" nova asked softly, being met with silence.

"baby, i know you're sad-" she started to talk again, but was cut off.

"come in." taylor said, her voice cracking from crying so much.

nova opened the door and walked over to the bed, sitting down next to the blonde.

taylor was quick to lean into her fiancé, sobbing once again.

"i'm sorry." taylor said, holding onto nova tightly. "oh, i'm so sorry nova."

nova looked at her, confused. "what? you don't need to apologize, baby. what they did was completely wrong and you have every right to be upset."

"i know, but i shouldn't have blocked you out and tried dealing with it alone."

"hey, let's just get some rest," nova suggested, laying down and looking at the blonde. "and, i made cookies so we can eat those later."

AN: OMGGG did you guys listen to Midnights? i am literally obsessed & making it my entire personality until the next album/re-recording comes out.