Ep 3: Are You Lost, Werewolf Girl?

For a moment that I so wish to be an eternity, I feel at home.

His strong arms envelop me, keeping me in place underneath him as his lips travel to praise my skin with his ardent kisses. He gives color to my skin; red and blue, on my chest and on my neck. When I giggle and tell him that these hickeys will be seen. He whispers, "That's the point. You are mine, Mars."

His lips travel to my navel and then to my thighs. "I have to mark you everywhere," he says, bringing hot breaths to my skin. And once he is done marking me to his satisfaction, he enters me. "You're mine," he murmurs every time he thrusts. We both moan with pleasure. Each friction our skin makes with each other brings us even closer to our ecstasy.

I grab his blonde hair, tousling them as he gets rougher. He needs it. I need it too. We are lost in each other's warmth, electrifying the other with pleasure. I feel safe and... home.

This is home for me. He is my home.

"I love you, Mars," he whispers to my mouth, "You have no idea. I'd conquer the entire world if I have to, just to be with you."

"Silly," I chuckle, "You don't need to conquer the entire world to be with me. I'm already yours."

I expected him to return my humor. Yet instead, he looks at me seriously. His brows furrow in deep sadness. "I'm sorry, Mars," he whispers.

Gulping hard, I ask, "Why?" Dread piles within me, building that stack of horror bit by bit. It's like I know the awful thing that would happen, but I keep holding on to the hope that he is only joking, anyway.

"Don't say that, Ed," I plead.

He caresses my cheek gently. "You'll be fine," he whispers with a smile. His hand drops down to my stomach, giving gentle rubs to my navel. "She'll be fine too. She'll be strong. People will look for her."

"Ed." I grab his arm desperately. "Don't leave me. I can't do this alone..." My eyes feel hot as my vision of him blurs. The more distorted his face becomes, the more dread cripples me from within.

"It's my time, Mars."

"No..." I shake my head. "No..."

He presses my stomach gently. "I'll be here with you. Always." Edward raises his body. "You'll be fine. You've always been stronger, more resilient than me."

He doesn't understand that I am not all those things without him. Edward was the one who gave me the courage and strength to carry on. He was my pillar, my rock, and my world.

So, why won't he stay?

"You're wrong, Mars," he answers my mind. "And it's time for you to discover how powerful you can be. It'd be fun."

A bright light shines behind him, basking him in a blinding glow. The light distorts his face even further. It is so bright that I have to close my eyes.

When I open them again... I don't see him anywhere.

I see a chandelier hanging on top of me. I smell that strong musk and earthy smell that is familiar. My body is wrapped in a warm, fur blanket.

I blink.

"I'm... not home."

My cheeks are drenched with tears. When I sit up, my hands go to my stomach. It's still flat, but I can feel another heart beating faintly inside. Thinking about it makes me cry again. The tears I have been holding inside pour out of me as I remember Ed is not with me anymore.

With us...

I caress my womb. "I miss... him... too," I sob. Then I break down into a crying mess on a foreign bed.