Ep 9: A Barren Field

Lyall comes back to the cave with as many branches as he can find. Then I tear my dress to dry the branches. We can't really dry them all off, so by the time we try to light them, the branches are still quite moist.

The rain is longer than we thought it would be and soon, darkness will descend upon us. I told Lyall earlier that the fire would attract wild animals to us. He only laughed at me, saying, "I'd like to see them try approaching me."

Sometimes I forget I am with the lycan king.

Using friction from stones, Lyall can create enough sparks that turn into a fire in the cave. His shirt is drenched with rainwater now so he takes them off and reveals his gorgeous–again, my wolf keeps putting words in my mind–torso in the dimly lit cave. He also takes off his pants, leaving him with only a boxer on his skin.

"Take off your dress," he says. The fire in front of him produces small red and orange sparks, which decorate his face like a renaissance painting.

Instinctively, I hug myself. "Wh–why?"

He looks tired when he says, "You're drenched, too, right? We should put our clothes on that boulder near the fire to dry them off. You're going to get sick wearing a soaked dress all night."

"B–but..." The problem is, I am not wearing any underwear. I ran away from my pack in my wolf form, which means I was naked. And when I woke up... "The person who put on my dress while I fainted didn't give me underwear..." It's so embarrassing having to say that I have nothing else on my body other than this flimsy beige dress.

"I was the one who put on the dress for you."

Lyall's answer makes me drop my jaw. "You... put on this dress by y–yourself?"

"Of course," he says casually, "Do you think I would let another male touch you, werewolf girl, when you are my mate?"

"So... y–you saw m–my body?"

"Do you usually stutter when you talk?" he asks, "You talked very smoothly earlier, shouting, 'My name is not werewolf girl!'"

"Look," he continues, "I won't touch you. You have nothing to worry about. Besides, the night is getting colder. Body heat is better than wet clothes."

I swear, I see him smirking. Chills spread through me, and it is not because of the cold.

"Wh–what do you mean... body heat?" I take a few steps backward from the fire, from him. Lyall's smirk is expanding as he walks past the fire. But my back soon meets the cave wall. While I have nowhere else to go, Lyall keeps advancing. He puts one hand on my right, blocking my way to the cave's entrance.

His musky scent is even stronger because of the dampness in the air. It's intoxicating, it's making my wolf crazy. It's also making my mind melt.

"Trust me, werewolf girl," I know he is using that nickname to annoy me, "If I see something I haven't seen already, I'll sleep outside."

He tilts his head to the heavy rain outside. It's pouring cats and dogs. Sometimes we can see flashes and thundering voices booming in the sky. It's a rainstorm. No way this lycan king would be able to sleep outside.

"It's not like this dress is hiding much, anyway," he says in a husky voice. I follow his downward gaze. That's when I realize he is right. Despite my hands covering my bosom, the wet beige dress is really transparent when wet. My cleavage is showing, my stomach is showing, and my... I quickly press my thighs together.

Before I can say anything, Lyall puts his fingers on the dress' neckline. His touch sends fire to my skin yet at the same time, freezes me on the spot. He easily pulls the dress down over my shoulders because the dress is quite stretchy.