Normalcy

Thx for reading <3
---

Steve and Robin had barely just gotten back into routine after hell broke loose in Hawkins. Returning to school and work certainly wasn't easy but they were doing it.

Steve rang out a customer with their movies as Robin organized the shelves.
"Hey are we still on for movie night with Nance and Eddie?" Steve called to her.

"Yeah." She said, oddly quiet today. To a normal person they would've figured she was simply tired but Steve knew this was just the calm before the storm. "Do think Nancy gets annoyed with me...." and there it was she was spiraling.

Before Steve could butt in and stop her from tail spinning he felt a violent inch in the back of his throat. With a grunt he embarked upon a rough and flemmy coughing fit.

"Steve?" Robin had stopped talking and looked at him. "Steve?" She said again approaching him now. He held his throbbing throat as he hacked. Robin handed him a tissue which he used to cover the intense fit. With a final hacking cough he was breathing again. He took deep ragged breaths. He coughed into the tissue again.
"Thanks." He huffed.
"Almost had me scared idiot." She patted him on the back. "I've had a cough like that too."
"Shit, I hope we're not both sick." Steve said. His red face had returned to a normal color.
"Oh god." Steve shook his head, now realizing that would freak her out.
"Maybe it's allergies." He said despite never having allergies before. "It's spring, yknow pollen and shit."
"Yeah okay doofus-" She was cut off by the door bell. Eddie and Nancy walked in with smiling faces.

"Harrington, Buckley, we had no idea you guys worked here." Eddie said making them laugh.
"Haha, what are you guys doing here?" Steve asked light heartedly.
"Picking the movies of course." Nancy said with a bright smile, "Oh and Eddie has some news." She said. Robin and Steve gave their attention to them.
"I got the apartment." He grinned.
"Hell yeah!" Robin hopped over the counter to hive five him. Steve smiled at them from behind the counter, still somewhat lightheaded from the coughing fit.
"Congrats man, does that mean movies at your place?" Steve asked. He got a lot from Eddie's positive energy. Eddie shook his head but was still smiling.
"It did not come with furniture, so the only thing residing there is my guitar, a futon and some clothes."
"Ah well, next time." Steve said.
"For sure."
"So my basement tonight?" Nancy asked, they agree although that meant having to deal with Mr Wheelers judging glare.

"Let's get picking." Eddie said looking through the horror movies.
"No, no horror, I won't sleep for weeks." Robin said. Eddie rolled his eyes, that's what Steve caught onto. His eyes were large like a puppy's, Eddie's eyes had that kind of effect on Steve, he felt the oh so familiar tugging on his heart like when you want to pet a cute dog. Steve shook it off, deciding it was an odd comparison, he didn't want to pet Eddie.

"Steve?" Nancy brought him back to reality.
"Hm?"
"Thoughts on Outsiders and Grease?" Steves eyebrows raised,
"Again?" He asked,
"Grease has some very catchy songs." Robin chimed in and joined Nancy in front of Steve.
"Yeah sure but not for the forth time in a row?" He insisted,
"I'm with Harrington, at least on Grease." Eddie said,
"Thank you." Steve said, happy someone agreed.

Before a playful argument could ensue Robin, suddenly, doubled over in a coughing fit. Nancy was quick to pat her back as she coughed. She held her chest as the hellfire sprayed from her lungs. She was lucky the coughing was shorter than Steve's fit.
"Robin? Hanging in there." Nancy asked helping her from her doubled over stance.
"Yeah, yeah... pollen yknow." She gasped for air. Nancy raised an eyebrow,
"I don't think pollen makes you hack like a smoker." Eddie said before Nancy could.
"Maybe not." Robin breathed easy once again. "We might be catching something."
"We?" Nancy asked, Steve sighed now that he was drug into this.
"We means me." Steve said, "I'd understand if you guys wanted to keep your distance for right now." Eddie scoffed,
"As if."
"Yeah, we just got back to out normal lives." Nancy added. Steve chuckled at the idea of normal, the others followed, "As normal as we can be." She rephrased.
"We'll be fine, what's a little coughing?" Eddie waved them off,
"Suit yourself, you're not gonna like this cough." He smiled with confident air about him and Eddie laughed. His melodic and clumsy laugh warmed Steve, it was quite endearing.

"We'll see you tonight?" Nancy asked,
"Tonight." Robin and Steve replied.