Comfort

Robin and Nancy came back to Eddie's place much later in the day. Before entering the apartment they shared a moment.
"This was fun, well despite coughing up the rest of those flowers." Robin said,
"Yeah, I think you freaked out the waiter." They laughed.
"Definitely, most definitely." Robin nodded. A moment of silence came.
"So."
"So?"
"So, after we check on Steve, do you wanna come back to my house?" Nancy asked.
"Yes." Robin said just a bit too fast but luckily Nancy laughed.
"Great." The silence came back. It dawned on Nancy that she'd have to take the lead if they were gonna kiss. Nancy stepped closer, Robins face warmed up. Nancy gently placed her hand on Robins shoulder and stepped up on her tip toes. Robin took a quick look around before allowing her self to lean in.

When Nancy's lips hit hers she almost flinched, part thought she was dreaming. Pristine lips started moving against hers, she was afraid to move, afraid it would all disappear. Nancy pulled her back into reality when she ran her hand to the back of Robins neck, pulling her done to her level. Her lips seemed to fit perfectly on Nancy's.

They pulled away and did a double take to see if anyone saw. Robin couldn't hide the wide grin on her face. Nancy took pride in the fact she made her smile.

They were giddy as they entered the apartment. Their happiness soon turned to confusion to the emptiness and the loud guitar shredding coming from Eddie's room. Nancy knocked on the door. The shredding stopped and they heard him stumble to the door.

He opened it and was suddenly disappointed,
"I thought you were Steve."
"Speaking of which, where is he?" Robin asked.
"A drive." Eddie explained and came out of his room.
"A drive?" Nancy questioned.
"Yeah, we had a bit of a tiff and he left." Eddie folded his arms and averted his gaze form the girls.
"About what?" Robin asked.
"His predicament, we haven't been on the same page through any of this." He admitted.
"Was he mad when he left, like mad enough to do something stupid?" Robin asked.
"Beats me, Ro." He said. She groaned at the situation.
"Guys, he's an adult, he'll come back eventually." Nancy assured,
"That's not what I'm worried about." Eddie was on the edge of telling them everything. "Before he left, we were talking about the problem and he said he was hopeless." This struck a nerve with Robin.
"I think I know what that means." Robin uttered. "Nance, can we reschedule that date?" She hated to ask it but Nancy understood. She nodded, "I'll be back." Robin said and left a confused Eddie and Nancy.

---

Robin sat patiently on the stoop of the Henderson house. It was well past sunset when Steve's car rolled up. Dustin and him hopped out. They said their goodbyes and Robin got into Steve's car.
"How'd you know I was gonna be here?"
"Where else would you go? I already check your house so.." Robin explained. They pulled out of the driveway in awkward silence.
"You got me there." He admitted.

Robin gave him a moment before she brought everything up.
"Do you want to talk about it?"
"About what?"
"Your hopeless ass." Steve scoffed at this.
"What's the point?"
"Steve, I've never seen you this defeated." Robin was in shock at the lack of fight in Steve. He remained silent, "Why?"
"You said it yourself, I'm hopeless."
"I was joking, are you on hard drugs or something you're so not yourself." Robin was simply aghast to her such blatant nihilism. "Can we talk about why you're hopeless?" Steve couldn't answer before receiving a jolt of pain straight to his chest. He accidently swerved and Robin gasped. "Steve pull over!" To her surprise he didn't fight, he did it. If she didn't know any better she'd think he was having a heart attack. His breath was heavy, he held his chest and he was collapsing in his seat.

It was silent while he collected himself, after his episode he was more open to talking.
"I don't know who I am anymore." He admitted,
"Why?"
"Because I think I'm in love with...." Steve struggled "I can't even say it."
"Are you embarrassed?" Robin questioned, "Is it Tammy Thompson?" Steve was able to laugh at this, it gave him a moment of relief.
"No, not Tammy." He chuckled.
"Well, that's a start." Robin offered him a comforting smile. "Tell me about them, it'll be easier."

"They uh, they're funny. I never have the last say with them. It's incredible how they, on the spot, can come up with wordy responses." Steve didn't notice the smile growing on his face. "They're pretty, I'm honestly stunned because I didn't see it at first."
"Favorite feature?"
"Eyes, big doe eyes." Steves chest pains had slowly dulled. "And in the name of honesty, great butt." Robin couldn't contain her laughter at his bluntness. "And, I like when they laugh at me, it doesn't matter if it's with me or at me." Steve had gone silent.
"Steve, I think it might be time for me to ask, but is they a he?" Robin asked, somewhat shooting in the dark. Steve pursed his lips and looked away from her.
"On the money." He mumbled. Robin gave him a knowing look.
"And it's Eddie?" Steve nodded.