Finally

"I still like girls."
"I figured, you can like both." Steve let out a heavy sigh and nodded.
"Well, that's a start."
"Do you feel better?"
"A little, still kinda of hopeless." Steve admitted, "Does Eddie even like guys?" Robin couldn't hide her grin.
"I think he'd like you." Steve gave her questioning look. Robin was happy to see energy coming back to Steve.
"He thinks we're from two different worlds?"
"Are you not? And is that a bad thing? Romeo and Juliet were from different worlds." Steve cringed at the comparison. Steve shook his head.
"Not to sound like I'm trying to pawn you off but isn't this a conversation you should be having with Eddie."
"I guess."
"So go!"
"Now?"
"Yes!" Steve looked down.
"I've gotta make sure everything is set up for if it doesnt go well."
"Hm?" Robin asked.
"I gotta see my folks for the last time, I gotta get will together and, prepare?" Robin nodded, she understood entirely.
"I'll drop you off, and I'll give Eddie a call so he's not loosing it but I'm gonna go see my parents."
"Okay." Robin nodded.

-

Steve felt the hair on the back of his neck stand up as the dial tone rang through his ears. After awhile Eddie finally answered.
"Hello?" He asked,
"Hey Eds."
"Steve?" He asked, his voice had taken a softer tone. "Are you okay?" Steve felt a pang of cold pain rush through him. Through gritted teeth he answered.
"Yeah.. I'm okay, I'm just letting you know I'm not coming back to your place tonight." The line was silent for awhile.
"Why?" Eddie asked, his voice was quiet almost like he didn't want Steve to hear him.
"I'm just spending time with family." Quiet again.
"Did I upset you like bad?" He asked reluctantly.
"No! No." Steve grabbed at his aching chest. "Not that at all." He wheezed.
"Steve..." Eddie uttered, he sounded defeated.
"I'll see you tomorrow, we'll hang." Steve cringed at his choice of wording.
"Hang?" Eddie laughed, it was nice to hear. Steve was able to smile now. "Okay."
"Okay."
"Well, goodnight, Steve."
"G'night." Eddie hung up before him, he wished he didn't, it wasn't lost on Steve when Eddie was happy with him the pain stopped.

Not long after the phone call Steve started to get ready for bed. Whilst in the bathroom he took notice of the bruising on his chest. He stood, shirtless, in the mirror simply fixated on the skin above his heart. His veins were black and his skin was purple over that. He was certain he could see the vines under his skin. He poked at it and to dismay it ached.

He thought of Eddie. It was odd to him whenever he thought of comfort now he thought of Eddie. It wasnt a bad feeling. It was warm and it suppressed the pain in his lungs. He missed him and couldn't wait for tomorrow.

-

To his parents dismay, Steve was heading back to Eddie's early in the day.

He knocked on the door, his hands shook a bit, he found himself nervous. Eddie opened the door and gave him a releived sigh. His soft features were a sight for sore eyes.
"Hey."
"Hey." Eddie moved aside, "You don't have to knock." Steve came in and sat awkwardly on the couch. Despite being calm the tension from the last time they talked was still in the room. Eddie sat on the other side of the couch, just as quiet.
"So..." Steve mumbled.
"Should we talk about it?" Eddie asked.
"I'm sorry I stormed off."
"And I'm sorry I was pressuring you." They shared a gentle looked and smiled.
"It's all good, I was ignoring my problem." Steve admitted.
"I shouldn't have pushed you to talk about it, whatever is happening with whoever is your business." Eddie's eyes pleaded for forgiveness, Steve knew thats not why he was mad. He shook his head,
"It's not like that, I've just been confused." Steve said, possibly letting on too much of his feelings. Before anything else they were interupted by a coughing fit.

Steve ran to the kitchen. To his dismay it was mostly blood that came up. He jumped slightly when he felt Eddie's hand rest on his back. After the initial shock Steve leaned into his touch, to Eddie's surprise.

Steve washed his mouth out with haste. He felt around on his chest, feeling the discolored skin. He grunted in pain.
"Is it..." Eddie asked.
"Yeah." Steve huffed, "Whatever happened to Robin is happening now."
"May I?" Eddie asked, referring to looking. Steve nodded. He lifted his shirt and flinched when Eddie let out a small gasp.
"That bad?" He asked. His skin felt like it had been frost bitten. Eddie subconsciously lifted his hand to comfort his skin. His kind touch made Steve flinch and Eddie rip his hand away.
"I'm sorry." Eddie said, his wide and unblinking. Steve felt tingling in his legs and a bit of light headedness. His simple touch warmed him.
"It's okay, I... I liked it, you are very warm." Steve admitted. If he wasn't freezing he would've been blushing. Eddie looked to Steve for permission. Steve nodded and Eddie laid his hand upon his ribs. Steve breathed in blissful release.
"Freezing, absolutely freezing." Eddie mused. Steve's face looked more relaxed, it gave Eddie confidence. Eddie placed his other hand on Steve's upper chest, just over his heart. In Eddie's mind it was the wrong time to be thinking about how nice Steve's body felt. Little did he know Steve's was thinking similarly. Steve wished he was doing the touching.

Suddenly the sound of the door opened and Steve jumped away from Eddie. Eddie dropped his hands and awkwardly shoved them in his pockets. Steve dropped his shirt as Robin walked in. Robin raised an eyebrow at the positioning, Steve stood in the middle of the kitchen looking sprung up and Eddie stood still against the counter.
"Hey?" Robin asked awkwardly. "I just came to get the rest of my stuff." Eddie nodded.
"Yeah, it's all by the couch."
"Cool" Robin was quick to grab everything and was quick to escape the uncomfortable feeling that hung in the room.

After Robin left, Steve, as casually as possible, leaned up against the same counter as Eddie. Awkward silence gradually became calm. Steve took a moment to look over at Eddie. His features were locked in thought.
"What are you thinking about?" Steve asked,
"Nothing important." Eddie looked at him now. Their eyes met.

Now or never, Steve thought.

Steve slowly slid his hand through Eddie's hair and onto his cheek. Eddie didn't recoil, only looked at him.
"Steve..?" Eddie asked.
"Eds." Steve said, he searched for any sign that Eddie wanted this in his face. Eddie place his hand on Steve's. With a smooth motion he leaned forward and waited for Steve to close the distance. Steve closed his eyes and met Eddie's lips.

Eddie's lips set fire to his chest, it felt like the warmth of a fire place and just as comforting. Eddie pulled Steve in closer by the hips and Steve placed both hands on his face. Eddie could feel Steve's heart pounding when their chests touched.

They pulled away but stayed in their position. Eddie let a wide smile come out and it made Steve grin. Before any words were said Steve turned and coughed into the sink. Finally all the flowers came up along with with roots. It was so refreshing to wash his mouth out for the last time.

He turned to Eddie, no words needed to be said. They engulfed each other in a hug.
"You've cured me." Steve laughed and buried his head into Eddie's hair. Eddie couldn't even speak he was so shocked and happy. They face each other again, with blushing cheeks and smiling faces they kissed again.

It was finally over.

---
Thanks for reading <3

If you want some follow up chapters with some fluff or anything lemme know.