Breath of Life

"You love me?" Robin asked, her voice soft but hoarse.
"How could I not?" Nancy proppered herself up to a kneeling position and cupped Robins face. "You heard?"
"Ev..every word." Robin struggled to make coherent thoughts. Nancy leaned forward and up, hoping Robin would want to kiss her. She shook her head,
"You don't want to do that, my mouth has so much blood in it, you-"
"Robin." Nancy shushed her and she gave into the kiss. Robin lost her hands in Nancy's hair, completely captivated by her warm lips. Nancy didn't mind the blood or how cold her lips were, they were soft and they were Robins.

When they pulled away Nancy moved for everyone else to greet the alive Robin. Steve was first, he slid behind her and engulfed her in a hug.
"You tried to ditch me, asshole." He said and squeezed her tighter,
"Shut up, idiot." She laughed. Eddie retook his spot on the couch next to her,
"The afterlife can't have you yet." He smiled and they hugged next. The kids gathered around her after, they got into a conversation on what death felt like.

Nancy, Steve and Eddie stood aside, watching as Robin got her strength back.
"Didn't figure you to be such a lady killer, Wheeler." Eddie said making Nancy chuckled.
"Me neither." She admitted.
"You're batting a better average than me, Nance." Steve laughed. Nancy smiled, glancing to Robin. Her natural color was returning and she was smiling at Dustin's antics.
"Good god Wheeler, keep it together." Eddie poked fun at her. Even though it was a joke, Nancy wasn't keeping her gaze subtle. Finally she gave in and went to sit with Robin on the couch.

"Steve." He turned to Eddie, "Sorry I was a dick last night." Steves eyebrows raised,
"I understand, it was stressful." Steve sighed, "And I was a dick too." He admitted. Eddie patted his back with a smile.
"Harrington, did you just admit to being a dick?"
"Don't you hold that over me."
"Wouldn't dream of it." Eddie lied and Steve rolled his eyes.

They shared some silence, dread filling the air.

"So, Steve." Eddie said, "What.. what're you gonna do?" He gesture to Robin and Nancy.
"What do you mean?"
"Robin and I were pretty sure you and Wheeler were gonna get together, and now obviously not, what's your plan?" Steve shook his head,
"Wait Robin thought I was gonna get with Nancy?" Eddie's eyes widened, he wish Steve would've not focused on that. "Even though she was in love with Nancy?"
"I....uh.."
"Wait did you know Robin was just gonna let that happen?" He had turned to Eddie fully, hands on hips, fully confronting him.
"Can we talk about this later, let's be happy for Robin and Nancy."
"You brought this up."
"No I brought up my concern for you." Eddie corrected. Tense silence came between them. The kids started to filter out and the four were left.
"This isn't over." Steve whispered and joined the girls on the couch. Eddie sighed and followed.

"Should we celebrate?" Nancy asked, mainly to Robin. Robin was still on cloud nine and struggled to talk but she nodded.
"I could order a pizza?" Eddie offered,
"Is that really a celebration if we do that everyday?" Nancy asked an he shrugged.
"You guys should go out, and do like couple stuff." Steve said,
"Like in public?" Robin asked,
"Well the best you can in public." Steve explained. Robin looked to Nancy for confirmation. Nancy blushed and nodded. Everyone could see the life spring out of Robin as she grabbed some clothes and went to change.

As they left they heard Steve yell, "Be safe!" They laughed a little and made their way to Nancy's car.

Settling in Nancy didn't start the car immediately.
"Um.. the reason I was late today was because I was out getting this." Nancy said handing her a small wrapped gift from the backseat.
"Wait, for me?" Robin asked, Nancy laughed.
"Yes for you, I wanted to do this whole confession thing right." Nancy averted her gaze, "But I guess I screwed it up in the end." Robin placed a hand on Nancy's shoulder, no words needed to be said, Robins eyes said it didn't matter to her.
"Thanks Nance." Nancy smiled,
"Open it already." The shared a laugh and Robin opened the brightly colored box. Inside sat a little ring, made of silver wire and topped with a green stone. Robins heart swelled. "You always wear the coolest rings." Nancy explained. Robin placed it on her left pinky,
"I'm never taking this one off." She smiled at the ring and then at Nancy who was overcome with red blush.

With that they left for their date.