Damned

"This... this... this terrible. I'm going to die in two weeks, Steve I'm gonna die!" Robin whisper screamed as they entered Nancy's room for some privacy.
"No you're not gonna die, trust Nancy she figures shit like this out for fun." Steve insisted as Robin shook her head.
"We're in such deep shit." Steve had to agree even on the outside he was starting to loose it.

The sat side by side on the bed. They shared a shaky hug.
"What are my options, fall for someone in a week then tell her I love her then get rejected and die or even worse it's not the rejection that kills me its the following hate crime." Steve hugged her closer.
"Don't say that." He said with a shaky voice. "Vickie will absolutely reciprocate." Robin looked up at him.
"It can't be Vickie, we haven't seen each in a month, or talked to each other."
"Well if not Vickie than...?" Steve asked.
"I don't know." She shoved her face deeper into his chest and he rested his head on hers. "What about you Steve?" She asked.
"I have no idea either."
"Not Nancy?" She pulled away to look at him.
"I... I just don't know." He looked so defeated. His anguish was disturbed by a bloody coughing fit. He coughed an entire bush into his arm.

Robin ran to go get him some napkins and water. She ran into Nancy and Eddie downstairs.
"Ro-"
"Steves having a coughing fit." They ran up the stairs to find Steve clutching his chest, breathing had become a struggle to him. Eddie and Nancy were at his side immediately.
"How you doing, man?" Eddie asked.
"Ignoring the plant growing in my lungs, I'm.. thriving."
"Glad your sense of humor is intact." Eddie chuckled. Steve thought Eddie was a blessing for making him smile.

"Good god, Steve, you coughed up a bouquet." Robin mused at the pile of bloody flowers on the floor. Nancy got straight to work on cleaning it. Robin helped.
"Any revelations?" She asked Nancy. Nancy also looked quite defeated.
"No, you?" Robin shook her head.
"I think I'm fucked." Robin admitted. Nancy dropped what she was doing and grabbed Robins hands,
"No! We're going to figure this out, it's what we do damnit." Robins cold hands clung to Nancy's hot ones. When her eyes met hers she felt warmer all over. "I'm not gonna let you die, either of you." Nancy's voice had grown pained and angry. Eddie nodded his head,
"I just became friends with you guys, I'm not loosing you now." Steve cast smile towards Eddie, almost wondering why he didn't reach out to him sooner, he was wonderful. Nancy stood from her kneeling position with bunches of bloody tissues and flowers.
"Today has been... Tiring, let's watch a movie." She said offering a semblance of peace. For the first time that night Robin felt better, she did trust Nancy and it felt good to.

Downstairs Eddie and Nancy did their best to make Robin and Steve warm. This ended with them in the middle of the couch with roughly five blankets on top of them and two of those blankets were weighted, it didn't help much.

The kids were sticking around for the movie and they chatted amongst themselves. Robin glanced at Max, not long ago she had to stare down her own mortality. Robin knew she was struggling she couldn't imagine what a kid would've felt like this. From what Steve told her Max wrote them letters. To everyone who mattered, it made sense. The growing idea stuck in Robins mind. She too would write letters, it only made sense.

The movie of the night ended up being Terminator. Steve felt a coughing fit coming on, he stood up abruptly and ran to the bathroom. He once again coughed up a bouquet into the sink. Eddie wasn't far behind him. He followed him in and was quick to pat his back.

"Let it all out, man." Eddie said as Steve coughed up the last flower.
"This... sucks..." Steve said scooping the flowers into the trash. Eddie had yet to move his hand from his back.
"I'm sorry, Steve that you have to go through this." Steve turned to him with am odd expression.
"What?"
"You don't deserve it, man." Eddie reiterated. Steve felt very invited by Eddie's warmth and and was suddenly flooded with emotion. With the privacy of a closed door he collapsed into Eddie. His body was weak and so was his soul now. A shocked Eddie embraced him and supported him. Steve's arms locked around his neck in a desperate attempt to steal his warmth.

"I'm so tired Ed's." Steve whispered. "So tired of this shit." Eddie rubbed Steve's backs. Steve pulled away before Eddie thought he would. Eddie didn't really know what he expected, it's as if Steve was still too cool for him. "Sorry, I didn't mean to dump this shit on you."
"Harrington, let me make this clear, I'm here for you." Eddie said pressing his finger to Steve's chest, the words sounded threatening. Steve's tired eyes looked over his face, with this close proximity he saw just how big Eddie's eyes really were. "We all are." Eddie continued.

Steve continued looking at his face, not really know where to keep his eyes. First his eyes, then his hair, then his lips, his eyes again and finally his eyes rested on his lips.
"I.." Steve struggled, "Thanks." Eddie shook his head,
"You've done twice as much for me." All Steve could focus on was the way his lips formed words. "God.." Eddie uttered. Steve tilted his head slightly. "I'd never would've believed I would be comforting Steve Harrington in his time of need." Steve knew Eddie meant that in a light hearted way but it still pissed him off.

He really wanted Eddie to believe and know they weren't so different. He wanted him to know that their friendship wasn't outlandish, and most of all important to him.