Hourglass

Robin woke up before the sun rised to the most horrible feeling. She found herself stiff as she tried to make her way to the bathroom, walking was a challenge. When she reached the bathroom the small mirror revealed something straight out of a horror story. Purple bruises upon her neck, the veins underneath looked discolored. She checked in her shirt and found that it trailed to her chest and traced her lungs.

She stumbled back from the mirror as if it was a ghost. Her breathing picked up pace as she ran her stone cold hand over the bruising.
"Robin?" A gentle voice asked form outside. Eddie waited for a response. Instead of speaking she pulled Eddie inside. He too was horrified.
"Is it, that noticeable?" Robin asked,
"Noticeable?" Eddie was in awe, "It looks like you took kink to a whole new level." Robin groaned. She felt her legs growing weak and took a seat in the edge of the bathtub.
"I don't think I'm gonna last much longer." Eddie took a seat next to her. Silence hung in the air for some time.
"Yknow, Steve insists that he and Nancy aren't a thing." Eddie said, part of him really wanted to believe it.

Robin rolled her eyes, she didn't want to think of it.
"Sure." She uttered, the only thing that filled her head was how Nancy jumped into lovers lake to save Steve and how Robin jumped in after her. She felt a shot of pain in the left side of her chest. She grunted and reached for her heart. "I'm starting to think I'm having little heart attacks." They shared a look, she was running out of time, her hourglass was doing double time. "Eddie, can you help me with something."
"Anything."

She gestured for him to follow although he had to help her walk. She reached into her backpack and handed him the letters.
"Can you give these away? When it happens." Eddie simply nodded at her dying wish.
"I still have hope you know, that all of this is just a bad dream." Eddie commented. Robin smiled sadly.
"Always the optimist?"
"Only when it counts."

---

Nancy sat up in her room, all night, not sleeping. The crisis' seem to never end. She hugged her knees close thinking of her predicament. A life, a life she cared about, relied on her stupid flip floppy emotions. She rested her head on her knees. A single question raced through her mind.

Do I like girls?

That was the only questioned that mattered. Because there was no doubt in her head that if she did she'd love Robin. She closed her eyes and imagined.

If she did, she'd like to take Robin on a date, maybe to the drive in. Any movie would be fine, as long as they remembered blankets and pillows. She could see it, she'd pick up Robin. Robin would talk until her lungs gave out about anything and everything, Nancy would no doubt laugh at her silliness.

They'd somehow would end up with the worse spot in the lot but it wouldn't matter because they'd end up talking. Robin was a good listener and would let Nancy talk about whatever journal project she had going on. And then maybe, if no one was looking, they'd kiss.

Nancy thought back on the past month and a half and realized Robin and her had been doing friend dates. Often the guys were involved but it didn't change the warm feeling she felt when she thought about.

She thought about the date idea over and over again. Everytime she reimagined it became more clear that her and Robin could just go do that.

She cut the fantasy when ever the kiss would come but now she wondered. Would she lean in first or would Robin? Would her heart race like hell? Would her lips be soft?

Nancy felt her face heat up.

I want her.

Butterflies were set free in her body. She finally lifted her head from her knees and the sun was creeping up over the mountains. She felt motivated. She got up and ready at lightning speed. She wanted to do this confession thing right. She had time to get Robin a gift, probably not flowers, but she still had like a week to do this right.