Letters

Days had passed since Robin and Steve were 'diagnosed'. Luckily both of them had some sick days built up at Family Videos. The wheelers eventually got sick of Robin and Steve living in their basement so Eddie happily let them stay at his barely furnished apartments. Nancy had checked out tons of books relating to flower deaths. The most Steve and Robin left Eddie's was when they needed something from home and needed to confirm to their parents they were alive. The party was often there, taking shifts, making sure neither choked on flowers.

"We're running out of time." Robin said to a barely awake Steve. She slept on an older couch Eddie thrifted while Steve lived on the futon.
"Mm hm." Steve grumbled. The disease was affecting them differently, Robin often got head aches and nose bleeds while Steve couldn't get enough sleep. Robin rubbed her eyes and stretched. She was really starting to hate being babysat. Eddie was also just waking as Robin got ready for the day.
"What're you doing?" He asked,
"Going to see Nancy, see if she found anything." She replied, "I'll see ya."
"Bye, I guess."

Robin skipped out on having to deal with Mr Wheeler. She knew where the spare key was so she let herself into the garage. She snuck into the basement where Nancy sat in a throne of books.
"Nance?" Robin asked. Nancy jumped as Robin approached her.
"Robin! What are you doing here?" Robin didn't have the usual energy to over explain herself.
"I just needed.. some peace." Robin admitted. Nancy smiled,
"I'm happy this place can be that for you." This statement brought a bit of comfort to Robin but it also upset her greatly, the tone and the way she sounded like a school counselor, made her really feel like she only had a few more days to live.

Robin sat down across the room from Nancy at the desk. She set out her various pens and notebook, today she was gonna write letters. Before she could start Nancy appeared by her side.
"If you don't mind me ask, are you close, like at all, to confessing to who you love?" She asked worry had taken over all her features.
"No, no not yet." Robin shook her head. Nancy didn't push any further and went back to reading.

Hours went by and Robin had written a letter to, her family, some band friends, Eddie and she just finished Steves although she wasn't entirely sure he was going get to read it. Her sore hand prepared to write Nancy's.

Nancy,

I never thought I'd get to be your friend and I know I'm incredibly lucky

Robin thought a moment, collecting her thoughts. She thought back to the day at the psych ward and immediately felt better.

You've shown me brilliancy to the highest degree and heroism. You really are my hero, Nance.

Robin felt a lightness in her chest for the first time since she got sick. She took a relieving breath.

And I just want you to know you've made my last days great.

Robin was replaying all the time they had together in her head. They hadn't been friends long but they made it feel like it. Tears threatened to fall as she relived every movie night, every monster they had killed and every car ride.

I'm heartbroken to know our friendship was cut short. I love you

I love you

Robin froze. Her heart threatened to break out of her chest. It obviously wasn't a coincidence that the pain in her lungs lessened when she was around, or how it was like she made the air breathable. How could I be so blind, Robin thought. The tears finally did come. She ripped out the paper and crumbled it up and threw it into her bag. She covered her eyes and slumped into the desk.

Robins cries weren't unnoticed. Nancy was quick to her. She rested a hand on Robins shoulder as she cried. Before Nancy could comfort her Robin stood up.
"I-Uh gotta go, sorry Nance." She grabbed her bag and ran. Nancy was taken aback and a little hurt by how fast she left. She told there a moment just staring at the desk until a crumpled up paper caught her eye.

Robin on the other hand ran until she was coughing up flowers. Her the blood ran from her mouth and nose, she tried to hide it all in a bush. Blood covered the bottom part of her face while tears streamed down. Fear and realization fled into her.

She had to get back to Eddie's and talk to Steve.