1

Due to Ozzy's cat like features, his senses are very much heightened, and sometimes it can be too much for him. 

Also, this is a pretty dialogue heavy chapter, If you're wondering how this fic lines up with the other two, these first few chapters are going to take place months before the events of D1.

Ozzy could feel the stones under his bare feet as he ran through the woods. He was young, and there was someone chasing him. That much he was able to pick apart. He was back in Wonderland, doing his best to catch up with his dad.

He was too far away, and Ozzy couldn't catch up. His lungs were burning, and his legs ached under him, but he knew stopping would make things worse. 

That's when he felt a large hand tightly grip his upper arm, yanking him back as he felt a cool metal at his neck-

Ozzy jolted awake as something loud blared inside his room. His body reacted involuntarily, trying to scramble to get away from it, and falling out of his bed in the process.

"Oh yikes," A voice said, someone peaking their head over the side of the bed, "Well that was an overreaction."

"Kanin, what the hell?" Ozzy demanded, "That hurt!"

"You're such a baby," Kanin said, rolling their eyes at him, "It wasn't that loud."

"You have the same hearing that I do," Ozzy snapped, tossing the sheets back on his bed, "You know it's loud."

"Then ear earplugs or something," Kanin said, rolling their eyes, "You talk in your sleep."

"Get out, Kanin," He said, pointing at the door.

"Well it's not talking," They hummed, "It's more yelling-"

"Kanin, get out!"

"Hey, relax," Kanin said putting his hands up, "You're so overdramatic, I came to get you for breakfast."

"I'm not hungry," Ozzy said, going back to fixing his bed.

"Carroll's gonna get worried," Kanin said, "Lord knows why he's so concerned with someone like you."

"Someone like me?" Ozzy echoed, feeling his ears flatten back against his head, "The fuck is that supposed to mean Kanin?"

"Oh you're getting mad," Kanin said, a grin playing at their lips, "I always knew you were feral, kitten."

"I'm not feral," Ozzy snapped, "Get out of my dorm."

"Fine, fine," They hummed, rolling their eyes, "Hurry up to breakfast, I don't want to hear Carroll complaining about you not being there."

"Go to hell," He said back, resisting a flinch as Kanin slammed the door behind them.