18

(Chapter is probably going to be much longer than it usually is, I'm trying out the dual point of view thing again. Not in first person, though, I think I would actually rather die than go back to writing in first person. In case I'm not clear in the point of view change, it will be found after the line break. Also, warning for underaged smoking.)

The night before he was set to leave, Ozzy found himself in Aziz's room once again. Ozzy sat with his ex-boyfriends bed, fidgeting with his tail, while Aziz sat beside him, leaning back against the headboard.

"So, do you intend to just sit there and look sad, or are you going to tell me what's wrong?" Aziz asked, breaking the silence that had stretched on for a while, "You're never this tense before you see your dad."

Ozzy shrugged slightly, releasing his poor tail from the almost painful grip he had on it. He didn't really want to say anything, Aziz didn't need to know why he was so tense. He looked around the room, trying to look anywhere than the boy that could read him like he was an open book, when he eventually settled on something that could use to change the subject. His eyes fell on the empty bed on the other side of the room, unmade and messy, and the alarm clock beside it reading 5:23.

"Where's Xavier?" He asked, trying to act casual as he turned back to Aziz, "It's pretty late, shouldn't he be back by now?"

It wasn't really all that late, but it was the best excuse that he could come up with. For a second, Ozzy worried that Aziz wouldn't take the bait, but as he suspected, the prince bit.

"He's on a date with that boyfriend of his," Aziz sighed, his nose scrunching up a bit, "I didn't know that Ambrose was capable of doing anything nice for him, but Xavier eats it up every single time. I don't know why he doesn't just leave him already, and I've tried to be supportive, but I have my tolerance limits."

"With how much money he has, he better be taking Xavier out some place nice," Ozzy hummed, moving to lean against the headboard with Aziz, leaning against his shoulder, "I feel like if you're a prince, legally, you're obligated to spoil your partner."

"You've shared that sentiment with me before," Aziz said with a playful smile, looking down at Ozzy, "Usually before you get me to buy you food and always followed by that innocent kitten look."

Ozzy simply grinned up at him, looking quite proud of himself as he nodded his head as he nuzzled against Aziz's shoulder.

"Hey, I mean, you're loaded, and I'm barely on the poverty line," He huffed, "I don't think I ever asked for too much from you."

"You didn't," Aziz agreed with a shrug, "Not that I would have ever said no to buying something like that for you. I'm not just going to let you go hungry."

"How chivalrous of you," Ozzy teased, poking him in the side.

Aziz let out a light chuckle, putting an arm around Ozzy and absentmindedly petting at his ears. It drew an unconscious purr out of Ozzy, though Aziz didn't seem to want to comment on it, something that Ozzy appreciated. 

"Where do you think he's taking him?" Ozzy hummed, seemingly running through the possibilities, "Would you know? Ambrose used to be your roommate, right?"

Aziz scrunched up his nose again, not seeming very amused with that reminder. Ozzy always thought that it was so adorable when he did that, though, he would never admit it out loud.

"Maybe he took him hiking or something," Aziz hummed, shrugging a little bit, "He's always been the woody type."

"The cheap type more like," Ozzy scoffed, drawing a small laugh from his ex.

"More of the 'no one would be able to hear the screams' type, actually," He muttered.

It was phrased in a way that suggested it was a joke, but there was something about the way that Aziz's hands tightened on his shoulder, subtly held him a bit closer. Ozzy couldn't help but think that Aziz wasn't joking at all.