7

"Do you ever get bothered by me breaking into your room?" Ozzy asked, pushing the blankets off as he sat up. 

Aziz's bed was really warm, probably a mix of the heater under it and the addition of the pile of blankets that were strewn about it. It should have been an unbearable heat, but it was oddly comforting in the cold room.

"Honestly, I think at this point I'm just used to it," Aziz responded, not glancing up from his homework.

He was still at his desk, though with more papers and now an open book and laptop in front of him. The lights were off in the room and the curtains were drawn, with the only light source coming from the lamp on his desk. It wasn't all that odd, to Ozzy's understanding, Aziz never really liked the dorm lights. He found it odd, but his ex-boyfriend never liked talking about it that much.

God, it was so unfair that anyone could look so beautiful.

"What time is it?" Ozzy asked, not really wanting to open the windows and ruin the perfect lighting that Aziz was illuminated in, "I'm not keeping you from sleeping, am I?"

Aziz shook his head, pushing a loose piece of his hair back from his face. He had taken the hair tie out of his hair, letting it flow down his back freely. 

Lord, why did they break up again?

"You're not keeping me up, don't worry," He hummed, glancing over at him, "It's only 5:30."

"5:30?" Ozzy asked, tilting his head, "I could have sworn it was later than that."

"It's probably because of how dark it is in here," He said with a shrug, "I turned off the light, so you could sleep better."

"Aw, Aziz, you're so sweet!" He said, slipping out of the bed.

Aziz rolled his eyes, though the grin on his face got rid of any attempt of looking annoyed at the comment. Ozzy slipped over to him, draping his arms around his shoulders to read the assignment he was working on. 

"Hey, I know how to do that one!" He said, almost excitedly, "Or at least I thought I did. The teacher failed me."

"Failed you?" Aziz asked, glancing back at him, "No way, this is about Wonderland. It's your home."

"It's really not," Ozzy said with a small shrug, "I'm a refugee, remember? I haven't been able to call Wonderland home since I was really little."

"You seem to know way more about it than the Red Queen's kids," Aziz said, turning to face him fully, "You know more than Kanin."

"That's because those three grew up in the palace," Ozzy pointed out, "In the red queen's court too. They probably only learned what the queen wanted them to."

"And you?" 

"My family never really belonged to either of them, though we definitely leaned towards the White Queen more. We lived in what was kind of the middle ground between the two kingdoms, so I got to have all sorts of exposure to things."

"And you still failed?" Aziz asked, tilting his head.

"The teacher doesn't like me," Ozzy said, matter-of-factly.

"Have you talked to your dad about it?"

"I don't wanna stress him out more than he already is."

"You gotta talk to someone about this," Aziz said, through what sounded like a sigh.

"I'm talking to someone about it right now," Ozzy said, gesturing to Aziz, "You're here. Might as well make some use of breaking into your dorm."

"You didn't even break in on purpose this time," Aziz said, rolling his eyes, "You'd make a horrible thief."