[ 006 ] brother's grave.

— CHAPTER SIX.
brother's grave.

CORI ACKLER HAD ALWAYS been a smart girl. Before the Fall, Silas said she was the smartest in the family and that she had a huge future ahead of her. But Cori flushed all of that down the toilet to raise her younger brothers because their abusive father was always high or drunk. Sure, they had Josiah's parents, but they were too worried about their precious farm.

As soon as Gregory leaves the room, Jesus and Cori hide the two women in Gregory's own bedroom. They know exactly what he's planning. He was going to give them up to the Saviors.

And they're right. Because as they stand in the foyer of Barrington House they watch as Gregory leads Simon to the closet where they were meant to hide Sasha and Maggie.

A look of anger crosses Cori's face as Gregory looks at the two. He then pulls the door open. Simon has a blank look on his face. "Are you serious?"

Gregory grabs a bottle of Scotch from the box. "This is, uh—"

"Scotch." Simon cuts him off.

"No just any—"

"Hate that stuff. Tastes like, um, ashtrays and window cleaner. I'm a gin man. But this does look like is could harden a connoisseur. Wow. What a gesture." Simon says.

"You say you hate it?" Gregory asks him, holding the Scotch on display for the man.

"Negan'll love this. Now, I'm gonna say it's from me, not mention you, okay? I really want the headline on this one." Simon smiles. "Gotta stay up on Kath somehow."

Jesus's eyes narrow. Kathleen, the traitor from Alexandria. She's been with Negan the whole time.

Simon takes the whole box. Including the bottle Gregory showed him. "This is big, Gregory. Huge. I won't forget it. I really, really appreciate this. Now we're gonna go through this place and take half of everything you have. Only half."

Simon tells his men to get to work. He starts to walk away but stops. He turns back to Gregory and places his hand on his arm. "Can I just get a kneel out of you?"

"Excuse me?" Gregory asks, shocked.

"Kneel." Simon growls.

Cori watches in disgust as Gregory lowers himself to the ground with the help of a nearby seat. She may not like Gregory one bit by Simon is a power hungry fuckass. He's made Gregory kneel because he has the authority.

Simon lowers himself to meet Gregory's eyes. "That's a solid kneel, Gregory." Simon says and ruffles what little bit of hair Gregory has. "Remember that for next time."

The Saviors leave Barrington House. Cori sighs deeply. "You're the biggest fucking idiot I've ever met."

She and Jesus leave the foyer and go back to Gregory's room. Jesus opens the closet door and the two women step out. Seconds later, Gregory storms in and slams the door shut behind him. He approaches Jesus and Cori, "I told you to hide them in the hallway closet!"

"No, you said closet." Cori reminds him.

"This is my bedroom. What if they came in here before I—"