[ 009 ] the prince of darkness.

— CHAPTER NINE.
the prince of darkness.

THEO WANTS TO KICK Carl's ass when Negan and other Saviors return to Alexandria only two days later with Carl Grimes's in tow.

He and Olivia are very much taken aback when Negan knocks on the yellow door of the Grimes house. When Theo opens the door, his brows furrow.

"Heya, kid!" Negan smiles at him. The man strolls into the home like he owns of. "Where's Rick?"

Olivia and Carl join the two. Theo's eyes are hard, glaring. "I'm just—" Olivia tries to say.

"Don't care," Negan sings. "Where's Rick?"

"He's our scavenging for you." Theo says harshly. "Why are you here?"

"Kid," Negan drops his hand onto Theo's shoulder. His eyes turn to his hand with a disgusted look on his face. "You are just as scary as Carl and Odessa! I'll wait."

"Um... he went out pretty far." Olivia says. "They might not be back today. We're running really low on everything. We're practically starving here."

Negan's eyes widen. "Starving?" He then points at Olivia. "You? By "practically," you mean "not really.""

A flash of anger crosses over Theo's face as Olivia turns her back to Negan and starts to cry. He just fat-shamed her. He fucking fat-shamed Olivia. It takes everything in Theo not to hit the shit out of Negan.

Negan looks at Theo and Carl and laughs, "you people seriously don't have a sense of humor."

"No, you're just an asshole." Theo tells him. Negan winks at Theo before he turns back to Olivia.

"Excuse me. What's your name again?" Negan asks her.

"Olivia," she grits out, tears still falling down her face as she puts her glasses back on.

"Right. Olivia." Negan says. He reaches out to Olivia. She turns back to him. "I am sorry for having been so rude to you just now. And it looks like I'm gonna be here for a while, seating you fearless leader's return. And if you'd like... I think it would be enjoyable to screw your brains out. I mean, if, you know, you're agreeable to it."

Olivia slaps Negan straight across the face. Theo's eyes widen. Carl takes in a sharp breath. Both anticipate the worst when Negan leans in closer to Olivia. Instead of killing her, he says, "I am about fifty percent more into you now. Just sayin'."

"Alright, well, I'm jus gonna put my feet up and wait for my stuff to get here." Negan's eyes roam the house. He turns back to Olivia, "Olivia... would you be lamb and make us a little lemonade? I know I left y'all some of that good powdered stuff."

"I'm supposed to be with—"

"Make it," Negan's harsh voice cuts her off. He steps closer to her. "Make it. Take your time. Make it good."

Olivia glances at Theo with a nod, "we'll be okay." Olivia rushes from the house.

Negan turns back to Theo and Carl, "alright, kids. Take me on the grand tour!"

They take Negan around the house. He watches the water run from the sink, he takes off his shoes and socks to feel the carpet on his bare feet. He plays darts in Carl's room.

When he enters Odessa's room, he stops and looks back at both Theo and Carl. Her room has been ransacked by the Saviors. Her mattress is gone. The books on her shelf are strewn across the room.