[ 014 ] rock in the road.

— CHAPTER FOURTEEN.
rock in the road.

"FOR ANYONE OUT THERE, who loved the obese bastard as much as I did, I just wanna say a few words. Fat Joey was not the most badass son of a bitch, but he was loyal. He had a great sense of humor. In fact, we were just joking about oral sex with Lucille the other day. Things will not be the same now that he's dead. Without Fat Joey, Skinny Joey is just Joey. So it's a goddamn tragedy. So, let's have a moment of silence."

Negan's voice comes to a stop over the radio Jesus stole off of Fat Joseph's dead body. Everyone has piled into one car now, leaving the other for Daryl and Odessa at the Kingdom.

The car comes to a stop. In front of them are dozens of cars blocking them from the rest of the road. Jesus and Rick look out their windows. "Someone's trying to block the way. Gotta be the Saviors," Jesus says.

"Look," Carl pipes. "Gotta be their base over there." Every head in the vehicle turns in the directions he's looking. Miles away stands a dull looking factory.

"Yeah, that's it. Must be trying to make it hard to get to 'em." Jesus states. They look back at the cars.

"We gotta keep going. We'll move 'em and then we'll move 'em back. They don't need to know we were here." Rick says and with that everyone is moving to get to work.

It doesn't take long to move the car to form a path for them. They stop when Michonne calls to Rick. He moves to her and takes the binoculars from her hands and looks where she had been. He pulls them away from his face with two words, "ah, shit."

They all walk to the area in the road. Rick gets on his hands and kneels and levels himself with the red trigger.

In front of them is a line of explosives. They're tied to a metal cable. Michonne looks at the explosives in confusion, "what's all this for?"

"Wait," Carl speaks up, "when I was hiding in the back of the truck I heard a couple of of them talking about this. This is for a herd."

"That's why it's a steel cable. It's not just for one walker. It's for a lot." Rosita tells them.

"We need these explosives." Sasha says.

"Yeah," Rick agrees. "We need to figure out how to disarm it first."

Rosita finds where the explosives connect to the big boss. She kneels and takes the grate cover off of the grass. As she begins to disarm the explosives, they hear Negan's voice over the radio again.

"We got ourselves a red situation! I need a search party. See if Daryl and Odessa ran home like the dumb animals they are." The man exclaims. "Also if you happen to find Odessa, cut her right arm off! That little serial killin' bitch is the one that killed Fat Joey. She wants her revenge for her friends, so we take ours for our friend."

"On it. Be there in time for lunch." Simon responds.

"Bring me back her arm still twitchin'! Turn that sleepy little burg upside down!"

"We gotta go. We gotta get there before them, but we need these," Theo turns to Rick.

All it takes is word from Rosita for everyone to get to work. They all carefully cut the explosives loose. They take the dynamite, the RPGS that had been stolen from them.

Cole holds a bundle of dynamite up to his face. Rosita looks at and he looks at her. "Yeah, the shit doesn't look right."

She moves towards him and takes it from his hands. She runs and places it down gently far away from her people.